ClearEdge is a growing technology-focused company focused on long-term sustainability that positively impacts the lives of our employees, brings significant value and results to our customer’s missions, services our greater community, and operates with our partners and competitors in a highly ethical manner. Our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, fairness, respect, responsibility, and accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our core values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
We are seeking a proactive, results-oriented Information Systems Security Officer. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling all areas of information systems security. You will researches, develop, implement, test and review company information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. You’ll be challenged to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, where you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
Your Mission: Become a key member of the team delivering best-in-class system security/IA solutions with a fast growing Government contracting company.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Passionate about security engineering and able to work collaboratively with the project team to achieve key results.
- Responsible: For supporting the full life-cycle of security architecture and processes, with a willingness to teach and mentor others.
- Accountable: Able to work with the project team and fully engage and commit to the importance, attention, and success of the security engineering function.
- Motivated: You have a desire to serve and ensure mission deadlines are met, all while building and improving systems security capabilities and partnering with others.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
You will be joining a high-performance project team for an established and growing middle market company.
- Supports the design of standard security and IA operation procedures and policies.
- Researches and evaluates components and systems to ensure they meet the security and IA requirements for the systems/programs/facilities. Ensures that solutions support the appropriate levels of protection, integrity and availability to sufficiently protect the systems/programs/facilities.
- Supports the coordination with external systems and organizations to ensure implemented interfaces are compliant with security requirements.
- Assists in the documentation and Configuration Management (CM) of all security and IA artifacts relevant to the system/program/facility – to include documentation on a software (e.g. developed applications/components, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS), Government Off The Shelf (GOTS), Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and Government Open Source Software (GOSS)), hardware (e.g. servers, workstations, network infrastructure, virtual infrastructure), firmware, and associated interactions (both internal and with external systems/programs/facilities), System Security Plans (SSPs), etc.
- Understands the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes utilized by the organization (e.g. NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), etc.) and supports taking systems/programs through the applicable processes (e.g. authoring system documentation, developing security testing procedures, implementing security-related risk identification/management/mitigation strategies, documenting compliance, etc.).
- Has a basic understanding of security technologies – such as authentication (e.g. Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Kerberos), authorization (e.g. Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Active Directory (AD), corporate authentication services), confidentiality in motion (e.g. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs)), confidentiality at rest (e.g. cryptography), operating system security features (e.g. groups & permissions, policies, selinux, iptables), integrity (Configuration Management (CM), disk/data redundancy, backup and restoration), availability (e.g. failover, load balancing), etc.
- Assists in the oversight of the day-to-day operations of the system/program/facility. Ensures that procedures and policies are being executed in a manner consistent with the documented security plans to ensure the security posture is appropriately maintained.
- Possesses certifications that are commensurate with industry program requirements (e.g. CISSP, Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, etc).
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Consistently demonstrates company core values (Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability).
- Performs additional responsibilities as required or assigned.
- May train or supervise less experienced staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or similar area or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience supporting the security and Information Assurance (IA) needs of a system/program including assisting in the design, implementation, and operations of the system/program/facility is desired.
- DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Systems Technical (IAT), Level 1 or higher is desired.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is desired.
- US Citizenship (required for Security Clearance eligibility)
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance with Recent Polygraph
- Highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs and requirements.
- Excellent communications, teamwork, leadership and conflict management skills are desired.
- Committed to continuous learning and system development.
Please visit our Benefits
page to learn more about what ClearEdge has to offer employees!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Employment
page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com.