Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearegeit.com/benefits
If you are looking for a place to grow, ClearEdge is it. The position allows split time between the ClearEdge Corporate Office and Client Annapolis Junction space. This prime contract is for 5+ years!Your mission: Drive Customer DevOps IT Infrastructure Towards “Infrastructure as Code.”
Apply your software engineering, systems engineering, and group leadership skills to create a mission-critical DevOps IT Architecture for an important DoD mission customer. You will work as a key thought leader to turn “Infrastructure as Code” into reality.
This is a multi-faceted senior technical leadership position requiring you to balance time between mission use case analysis, requirements gathering, configuration management, systems engineering, sprint planning, program management objectives and more.
You will mentor a team of IT infrastructure engineers and partner with mission software developers to bridge the gap between fluid customer requirements and a secure, stable IT mission infrastructure.
This position offers the opportunity to be a part of one of the most unique programs within the DoD customer community and introduce a truly innovative DevOps IT infrastructure that moves ahead at “mission speed.” If you are looking for impact, this is it.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Work directly with customers to thoroughly understand mission use case goals and translate them into executable technical plans to build a modern DevOps architecture
- Lead efforts to deliver the tooling and automation needed to deploy extensive CI/CD, microservice focused capabilities including end-to-end monitoring, logging and built-in performance metrics
- Seek out and integrate as-is systems and software architecture to create team insights of opportunities and target technical emphasis
- Set standards for DevOps documentation while guiding and mentoring IT infrastructure Engineers who are building custom and standardized infrastructure solutions
- Work with program management to develop overall IT infrastructure and contract performance metrics
- Deliver new DevOps infrastructure capabilities that balance mission objectives, time-to-market, scalability, reliability, performance and security compliance
- Streamline manual processes by envisioning and facilitating infrastructure automation
- Research cutting edge technologies and methodologies for experimental prototyping
- Ensure all solutions are implemented in a secure manner to protect our client
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Detail Oriented: You focus on details and have a keen eye for understanding mission nuance, and are able to present materials effectively to diverse audiences of technical team members and customers
- Interested in Knowing Mission Drivers: You have a strong interest in learning the customer’s mission strategic goals and tactical objectives
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage your knowledge and skills in modern DevOps technologies to create a step function increase in mission effectiveness
- A Technical Leader & Mentor: You have a passion for leading technical team efforts toward agile and iterative solutions, enjoying the journey as much as the destination
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth software engineering experience together with practical systems engineering experience across multiple and varying technologies and disciplines
- Agile: You enjoy working as part of a team to develop solutions for government customers who have fluid priorities of national significance
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things, work with new technologies and solve unprecedented problems
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have)
- B.S. degree in Technical field with M.S. degree strongly preferred
- 10-20 years of experience in developing and supporting large scale software-intensive systems
- 5 years of experience in Software Development Team Leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include developing compelling briefings and whitepapers, with a keen sense of customer service
- A thorough knowledge of DoD System Security Plan (SSP) processes and the ability to adapt formal RMF processes to an innovative R&D intense mission space
- Must be a self-starter and a finisher. Vision is essential, as is follow-through
Nice to Have:
- Agile/SCRUM team process leadership
- Experience in IC mission operations (SIGINT, Cyber, OSINT)
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
- Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, OpenStack, AWS)
- Working knowledge of Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Working knowledge of Public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with formal Change Management and Configuration Management process
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Windows VMware Linux experience
- Cross Domain Solution (CDS) integration experience
- Experience with Container Management (Docker, Ansible, Openstack/Openshift);
- Experience with ELK stack
- Familiarity with PKI: obtaining and working with server certificates.
- Niagara Files (NiFi) Data Flow architecture and NiFi custom processor development and troubleshooting
- PXE boot server experience
- Bash scripting experience
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new cyber solutions to current and emerging missions
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new cyber markets!
Please visit our Benefits page to learn more about what ClearEdge has to offer employees!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Employment
page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com
. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.