ClearEdge is a growing technology-focused company focused on long-term sustainability that positively impacts the lives of our employees, brings significant value and results to our customer’s missions, services our greater community, and operates with our partners and competitors in a highly ethical manner. Our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty, fairness, respect, responsibility, and accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our core values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
We are seeking a proactive, results-oriented Information Systems Security Engineer. You will have responsibility for determining system security requirements, designing the security layout or architecture and determining required security tools and existing tool functionality. You'll research, develop, implement, test and review company information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access. You’ll be challenged to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, where you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
Your Mission: Become a key member of the project team delivering best-in-class system security/IA solutions with a fast growing Government contracting company.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Passionate about security engineering and able to work collaboratively with the project team to achieve key results.
- Responsible: For the full life-cycle of security architecture and processes, with a willingness to teach and mentor others.
- Accountable: Able to work with the project team and fully engage and commit to the importance, attention, and success of the security engineering function.
- Motivated: You have a desire to serve and ensure mission deadlines are met, all while building and improving systems security capabilities and partnering with others.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
You will be joining a high-performance project team for an established and growing middle market company.
- Serves as the primary security engineering representative on teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, and system components as well as in secure networking, computing and enclave environments
- Implements the design of standard security and IA operation procedures and policies.
- Researches and evaluates components and systems to ensure they meet the security and IA requirements for the systems/programs/facilities. Ensures that solutions support the appropriate levels of protection, integrity and availability to sufficiently protect the systems/programs/facilities.
- Ensures the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure, include program of record systems and special purpose environments with platform IT connectivity.
- Oversees the coordination with external systems and organizations to ensure implemented interfaces are compliant with security requirements.
- Performs information security, requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation and recommendations, maintenance, testing and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Provides security planning, assessment, risk analysis and risk management as well as recommendations to resolve security requirements.
- Understands the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes utilized by the organization (e.g. NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP), DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), etc.) and supports taking systems/programs through the applicable processes (e.g. authoring system documentation, developing security testing procedures, implementing security-related risk identification/management/mitigation strategies, documenting compliance, etc.). Reviews and provides feedback on related documentation.
- Interacts with customers, IT staff and management to define and achieve required IA objectives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Consistently demonstrates company core values (Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability).
- Performs additional responsibilities as required or assigned.
- May train or supervise less experienced staff.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science, or similar area or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience as an Information Systems Security Engineer integrating information assurances disciplines into the system design, development, integration, and implementation is required.
- Shall have experience with Defense in Depth principles and technology including access/control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network and enterprise security architecture. This may include the development, design and implementation of firewalls, and evaluation, review and test of security code.
- Shall have experience with the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) triad to guide information security policies.
- Shall have experience in: assessing and auditing network penetration testing, anti-virus planning assistance, risk analysis and incident response.
- Shall have experience applying security risk assessment methodology to system development, including threat model development, vulnerability assessments, and resulting security risk analysis.
- Shall have knowledge of Federal, NSA, Intelligence Community and DoD Information Security and Information Assurance regulation, publications, and policy.
- Shall be familiar with the NSA Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Experience in utilizing cross domain solutions and information assurance solutions that provide the ability to manually and/or automatically access and/or transfer between two or more differing security domains is desired.
- Experience documenting ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces and other technical specifications is desired.
- Experience developing and deploying analytics is desired.
- DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Systems Technical (IAT), Level 1 or higher is desired.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is desired.
- US Citizenship (required for Security Clearance eligibility)
- Highly analytical and effectively able to troubleshoot and prioritize needs and requirements.
- Excellent communications, teamwork, leadership and conflict management skills are desired.
- Committed to continuous learning and system development.
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance with Recent Polygraph
Please visit our Benefits
page to learn more about what ClearEdge has to offer employees!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Employment
page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com.