If you enjoy solving challenging problems and having freedom to explore different solutions, then this position is for you. Perform rapid prototyping on a small to mid-sized development team providing software design and development of cloud analytics for multiple organizations and groups. Analytics developed will perform data mining, manipulation, correlation, and/or enrichment to solve mission analytic-based questions. Developers will work closely with analysts to solve real world problems. The team uses lightweight agile development processes that require the ability to communicate with other team members, work independently on tasking, document analytic capabilities, and perform testing.
Development on this project is fast-paced and requires cloud analytic development experience. If you don’t have cloud analytic development experience, but are a self-starter, can demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, and have experience with NoSQL databases, then we might be able to help you gain that experience. Other required skills include:
- Four (4) years of software engineering experience
- Three (3) years of multi-threaded Java design, development, test, and documentation
- One (1) year of experience with NoSQL database
- Experience with scripting (i.e. Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with Agile development and Agile tools (i.e. Jira, Confluence)
- Experience within the SIGINT mission environment and an understanding of customer data formats
- Experience using IDEs (i.e. Eclipse, Netbeans, IntelliJ)
- Experience using configuration management/versioning tools (i.e. Git, svn)
- Experience with build tools (i.e. Docker, Maven)
- Strong analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related Engineering field
We desire software engineering candidates with some level of cloud experience or certification, to include Hadoop/MapReduce or Pig, but are willing to provide training to the right candidates.
- US Citizenship (required for Security Clearance eligibility)
- Current TS/SCI Security Clearance with Recent Polygraph