Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearedgeit.com/benefits
If you are looking for a place to grow, ClearEdge is it. The position allows split time between the ClearEdge Corporate Office and Client Annapolis Junction Space. This prime contract is for 5+ years! Your mission: Become a Key Member Of The IT Mission Support Team.
Enrich your current skillset by joining a fast-paced IT mission support team disrupting traditional workflows and processes by moving to an “Infrastructure as Code” DevOps IT Architecture. In your role as a Mission Support Systems Administrator, you will be working in a modern and complex environment where your work has a direct contribution to one of the most unique programs within the DoD customer community.
This is a multi-faceted position, working across a number of different technologies in a collaborative team environment where mentoring and training will be available to you to help you learn and grow. Your knowledge of infrastructure services and underlying operating systems will directly assist customers and end users achieve their mission objectives on a daily basis. You will also be a leader in advanced prototype efforts, including the design and roll-out of modernized DevOps health and monitoring.
This is not the typical systems administration position – we’re looking for an innovative thought leader who is comfortable constantly learning and applying a combination of many different systems administration skill sets across a variety of vendor solutions.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Provide proactive and responsive customer service, handle incoming support requests and assist sophisticated mission customers with questions and problems
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create exciting IT automation and orchestration solutions
- Apply and learn many different skill sets across the spectrum of IT solutions including computing, networking, and storage provided by a variety of vendors such as NetApp, Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Cisco
- Streamline manual systems administration processes by envisioning and developing infrastructure automation tools using Ansible, Puppet, Forman and other automation technologies
- Research virtualization, containerization and software defined networking (SDN) technologies and methodologies for experimental prototyping
- Coordinating your efforts with security team members so that all solutions are implemented in accordance with the Secure the Enterprise (STE) guidance
- Support infrastructure engineering efforts to include design, capacity planning, implementation, configuration, accreditation, operations, maintenance, etc. Grow your skills and take charge of topics that interest you!
- Perform day to day tasks to keep mission critical system operations functioning properly (e.g. monitoring, performing backups, creating/removing accounts, applying patches, etc.)
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Customer-Focused: You enjoy seeing the direct results of your technical work in terms of increased end user customer results
- Motivated To Learn: You want to continually learn new technologies and how these tools support mission results
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks
- Agile: You enjoy being part of a team process that embraces change and uncertainty by charting collaborative steps linked to customer-centric results
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies and disciplines that span mission, software development, and operational support
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have)
- Five (5) years of experience with Windows or Linux operating system environments
- Strong drive to learn and grow your technical skills across a wide range of technologies
- Specific expertise with Linux file systems, command-line, operating system processes, storage, software installation, user and group maintenance, and active directory binding
- Experience working in a mission support, service desk, or customer service role
- Ability to work well integrating your contributions with others across a diverse team
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Mission-first work ethic
Nice to Have
- B.S. or B.A. degree
- 10-20 years with Windows or Linux operating systems environments
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer, and/or Red Hat Certified Architecture
- Cisco Firewall and Cisco VLAN experience
- Experience in IC mission operations support (SIGINT, Cyber, OSINT)
- Cross Domain Solution (CDS) integration experience
- Ability to implement infrastructure-as-code solutions in AWS
- Infrastructure automation using Ansible and PowerShell DSC
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Orchestration and provision lifecycle management using Foreman
- CI/CD tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins
- Virtualization technologies – (e.g., VMware, OpenStack, AWS)
- Container technologies - Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift (not a requirement)
- Public cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new cyber solutions to current and emerging missions
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our core values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Employment
page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com
. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.