Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearegeit.com/benefits
If you are looking for a place to grow, ClearEdge is it. The position allows split time between the ClearEdge Corporate Office and Client Annapolis Junction space. This prime contract is for 5+ years!
Your mission: Apply Your Deep Technology Experience to Transform a DoD Enterprise segment.
Use your DevOps Engineering skillset to make mission-impactful improvements on a fast-paced IT mission support team. Disrupt traditional IT support workflows by moving our customer to an “Infrastructure as Code” DevOps IT architecture.
You will be an integral technical leader, working as part of a highly skilled team responsible for building a flexible, resilient, and secure mission-critical DevOps IT Infrastructure within the complex DoD mission environment. This is a multi-faceted position working across a number of different technologies in a supportive team environment. You will be working directly with expert mission customers, and applying your knowledge of operating systems, mission applications, networking and enterprise data flow technology to deliver faster and more effective mission impact.
The streamlined DevOps infrastructure processes, tools and mechanisms that you will define, create and deploy will have immediate and lasting impact solving problems of national significance. You will also be a key player in advanced prototype efforts, including the design and roll-out of modernized health and monitoring.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Meet daily with customers to resolve problems and build new capabilities, and provide customized technical support
- Engage with team members and customers to develop a knowledge base that describes the as-is mission systems architecture. (Hybrid Linux/Windows environment, NiFi, Mongo DB, VMware, and smart data tagging.)
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities. Create computing, networking, and storage solutions using a variety of vendor solutions including NetApp, Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Cisco
- Use coding, scripting, or workflow manipulation to solve customer mission-impacting problems
- Support the customer’s daily operations by collaborating across organizations and contracts
- Streamline manual processes by envisioning and facilitating infrastructure automation
- Research cutting edge technologies and methodologies for experimental prototyping
- Mentor junior administrators or engineers
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Customer-Driven: You enjoy seeing the direct results of your technical work in terms of increased end user customer results
- Mission-Driven: You have a strong interest in learning the customer’s overarching mission goals as well as a passion for automating large scale IT infrastructure operations
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage your knowledge and skills in modern DevOps technologies to create a step function increase in mission effectiveness
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things, work with new technologies, and solve new challenges with innovative solutions
- Well-Rounded: You bring in-depth experience across multiple and varying technologies and disciplines that span mission, software development, and operational support
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have)
- B.S. degree in Technical field (Comp Sci, IT, Information Security preferred)
- At least 10 years of experience performing software development, software deployment, or software automation scripting
- Comfortable working at the command line in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with agile software development in Java, C/C++, or Python
- Experience performing automation in Windows or Linux environments using scripting languages such as Bash or PowerShell
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable meeting with customers and peers to explore change requests, bugs and new ideas
- Experience with development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
Nice to Have
- Experience in IC mission operations (SIGINT, Cyber, OSINT)
- Documentation experience, to include up-front design documentation
- Windows, VMware, and Linux experience
- Experience with container technologies-Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Cross Domain Solution (CDS) integration experience
- Knowledge of open source vs COTS trade-offs
- Ability to implement infrastructure-as-code solutions
- Experience performing software development in Windows operating system environments
- Experience with Container Management (Docker, Ansible, Openstack/Openshift)
- Experience with ELK stack
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization of software services
- Familiarity with PKI: obtaining and working with server certificatesNiagara Files (NiFi) Data Flow architecture and NiFi custom processor development and troubleshooting
- Bash scripting experience
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new cyber solutions to current and emerging missions
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our core values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Employment
page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com
. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.