Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Check out our extremely competitive benefits package at clearegeit.com/benefits
If you are looking for a place to grow, ClearEdge is it. The position allows split time between the ClearEdge Corporate Office and Client Annapolis Junction space. This prime contract is for 5+ years!
Your mission: Become a Thought Leader driving innovative DevOps initiatives.
Expand your career horizons by joining a fast-paced IT mission support team disrupting traditional workflows and processes by moving to an “Infrastructure as Code” DevOps IT Architecture. In your role as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will define and build a modern and complex mission IT environment as part of a collaborative team.
Your work will have a direct daily contribution to one of the most unique programs within the DoD. This is a multi-faceted position working across a number of different technologies. You will be a part of a supportive team where mentoring and training will be available to you to help you learn and grow. Your knowledge of infrastructure services, underlying operating systems, and networking technologies will assist customers and end users achieve their mission objectives on a daily basis.
You will be a key player in advanced prototype efforts, including the design and roll-out of modernized health and monitoring, leveraging Kubernetes containerization in a hybrid cloud environment. This is not the typical systems administration position - we’re looking for a cross-functional leader who’s comfortable using a combination of different skill sets. The candidate should be independently self-sufficient, while able to work well as part of a team, and able to provide mentoring to more junior administrators and engineers.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Develop executable IT modernization plans and architectures for mission needs
- Work across a variety of infrastructure segments simultaneously to resolve problems including computing, networking, and storage provided by a variety of vendor solutions such as NetApp, Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Cisco
- Automate large scale IT infrastructure configuration and operations
- Foster team-based collaboration of different skill sets across IT solution design and software development environment
- Create impactful IT automation and orchestration across various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms
- Use open source technologies and tools to meet specific mission needs
- Collaborate with team members and customers to create innovative solutions for complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems
- Perform incremental testing on code, processes, and deployments. Identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
- Troubleshoot deployment or infrastructure errors and develop creative solutions to avoid further issues
- Work as part of a team of IT Infrastructure Engineers to build custom and standardized infrastructure solutions
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage hybrid cloud and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment
- A Big Picture Thinker with Execution Know-How: You have a strong interest in learning the customer’s overarching mission goals as well as a passion for automating large scale IT infrastructure configuration and operations
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of a team to develop solutions for mission-driven customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
- Well-Rounded: You bring experience from varying technologies and disciplines that span mission, software development, and operational support.
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have)
- B.S. degree in Technical field (Comp Sci, IT, Information Security preferred)
- Five (5) years DevOps engineer experience with strong familiarity in the following technologies:
- Infrastructure automation using Ansible and PowerShell DSC
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Orchestration and provision lifecycle management using Foreman
- CI/CD tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins
- Virtualization technologies-(e.g., VMware, OpenStack)
- Hybrid cloud providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Strong written and verbal communication; excellent customer facing skills
- Five (5) years of experience with Windows or Linux operating system environments
- Specific expertise with Linux file systems, command-line, operating system processes, storage, software installation, user and group maintenance, and active directory binding
- Experience working in a mission support, service desk, or customer service role
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, Expect, or Python
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
Nice to Have
- 10-20 years with Windows or Linux operating systems environments
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator, Red Hat Certified Engineer, and/or Red Hat Certified Architecture
- Cisco Firewall and Cisco VLAN experience
- Experience in IC mission operations support (SIGINT, Cyber, OSINT)
- Ability to implement infrastructure-as-code solutions
- Experience with Wifi deployments
- Cross Domain Solution (CDS) integration experience
- Ability to provide open source vs COTS solution trade-off analysis
- Infrastructure automation using Ansible and PowerShell DSC
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new cyber solutions to current and emerging missions
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our core values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Employment
page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at email@example.com
. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.