Join ClearEdge and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the DoD’s most complex technical challenges. Every day, ClearEdge empowers customers in government and industry with innovative data driven solutions.
Your mission: Work with a dynamic team and key stakeholders to generate and execute challenging solutions to mission problems.
We are seeking Software Engineers of all levels with DevOps experience. The position requires a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills. The right person will work closely with the customer to gather requirements for architecting, deploying, and maintaining operational systems. The candidate should have software engineering fundamentals, programming, scripting knowledge, and a development operations (DevOps) skill set.
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Results-oriented developer who can leverage your technical skills and techniques to successfully design, develop, and deploy analytic software solutions
- Self-motivated with a desire to build new skills
- Are familiar with Agile frameworks and methodologies with a desire to be a certified SCRUM Master
- Enjoy learning new technologies, are a forward thinker, and are interested in growing your career with a cutting-edge technology company
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
You will be joining a high-performance team for an established and growing employee-focused company. This involves:
- Architecting, developing, and maintaining software and hardware solutions
- Working directly with clients, managers and technical staff to understand business needs, develop technical plans, and deliver solutions that solve client problems
- Applying your expertise to code, plan, test, and deploy software and hardware solutions in bare metal and virtual environments
- Connecting various elements of coding along with libraries and applications for software releases with various operating systems and production infrastructures
- Working across multi-functional teams to formulate, prototype, implement, and fine tune solutions
- Providing multiple tier levels of support to customers, software development teams, and network engineers
- Establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with Government customers, technical staff, and peers
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualifications you must have)
- Experience architecting, developing, and maintaining software and hardware solutions
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline
- Experience with provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef
- Familiarization with virtualization and containerization orchestration tools such as VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack
- Familiarization with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools such as Jenkins, Hudson, GitLab-CI/Runner, Travis CI, Bamboo
- Ability to perform scripting such as Bash, Python, Ruby
- Strong infrastructure knowledge such as data center, cloud, networking, virtualization/containerization
- Understanding of security concepts such as authentication, authorization, RBAC, PKI, LDAP, auditing, logging, network security, IAVAs
- Network skills such as NAT, port-forwarding, firewalls, DNS, DHCP
- Strong Linux background on topics such as common Linux commands, daemons, host-based firewall
- Strong monitoring / metrics - Nagios, Splunk, ELK
Nice to Have
- Comfortable meeting with customers and peers to explore change requests, bugs and new ideas
- Customer technical support experience
- Documentation experience, to include up-front design documentation
About us: Experienced advanced analytic development company providing new cyber solutions to current and emerging missions
Our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Accountability drive our mission and vision and are the heart of what we do each day. We combine our Core Values with the three key elements of people, technology, and integrity to repeatedly deliver stellar results within our primary competencies.
ClearEdge is also pleased to share that we have recently expanded our prime and subcontract presence into new cyber markets!
If this position does not fit your skillset, please visit our Employment
page to explore our current openings, or contact a ClearEdge recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
. ClearEdge is an equal opportunity employer.