Customer Advocates (CAs) at Clearcover have an important and unique role – to help the customer resolve all questions or issues they have with our products and services. This isn’t the old “please hold while I find someone with the right script” type of customer service job. It’s a “let’s get creative and solve your problem together” kind of position.
For this role, no previous insurance experience is required. However, you should have experience delivering excellent customer service at a technology company and be patient, empathetic, communicative and genuinely excited to help people.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage large amounts of incoming and outgoing customer interactions (calls, texts, chats, social media outreach)
- Identify and assess customers’ needs through relatively unstructured interaction
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, follow up to ensure resolution
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a property and casualty insurance agent’s license
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- Proven customer support/success experience or experience as a client service representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, chat, or social media
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- College degree preferred
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er.