Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
About the Role
Customer Advocates (CAs) at Clearcover have an important and unique role – to help the customer resolve all questions or issues they have with our products and services. This isn’t the old “please hold while I find someone with the right script” type of customer service job. It’s a “let’s get creative and solve your problem together” kind of position.
For this role, no previous insurance experience is required. However, you should have experience delivering excellent customer service at a technology company and be patient, empathetic, communicative and genuinely excited to help people.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage large amounts of incoming and outgoing customer interactions (calls, texts, chats, social media outreach)
- Identify and assess customers’ needs through relatively unstructured interaction
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives, follow up to ensure resolution
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Deliver on Clearcover’s promise to our customers by actually solving their problems (also paying attention to a few service level guidelines and policies)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a property and casualty insurance agent’s license
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- Proven customer support/success experience or experience as a client service representative and track record of providing excellent customer care
- Strong active listening skills; able to communicate clearly through phone conversations
- Capable of writing with impact through email, text, chat, or social media
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of individuals
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- College degree preferred
- A tactful, timely sense of humor is also a must. We’re getting funnier but we can still be funnier-er.