Clarisights is a SaaS product that enables marketers to gain better insight from their ads and analytics data. Marketers have to deal with data incoming from multiple siloed sources such as ad networks, web analytics, in-app analytics and inhouse customer data. Collating all this data, exporting it, and later analysing it is often an manual job which is tedious, error prone and very limited. Clarisights solves this problem by stitching in data aggregation, data warehousing and data visualisation into one seamless interface. Marketers can connect their data sources to our platform, streaming all the ad and analytics data to our backend, then can run computations on that data, have custom visualisations, drill down / roll up, and query by any other metric. It gives marketers superpowers by helping them make sense of all their data without any of the pain.
We hit product market fit in early 2018, bagged a few top tier customers and even managed to close a $2 Million seed round from top European VCs. We are now embarking on the next phases of our revolutionary business intelligence product and need dedicated and world-class engineering expertise to help bring Clarisights to the forefront and establish our brand and product.
This role will involve -
- Understanding the product inside out, figure out the major components of the product and how they interact with each other.
- Build user interfaces that are consistent, accessible, pixel-perfect, and fast, that are customisable as per the varying use cases. Create reusable and maintainable frontend systems and abstractions.
- Our dashboards heavily use different visualisations and each tables handles 100s of thousands of rows. Architect and build highly interactive interfaces and visualisations that scale with optimal performance.
- Work with React, ES6, TypeScript and HTML/CSS to build and maintain new Clarisights' features.
- Dive deep into the usage of coding patterns and contribute in curating a library of reusable components that can be used to build more complex and unified Interfaces.
- Experimenting with new libraries, APIs and patterns - figuring out which ones are a good fit for us to help us scale.
- Mentor others in the frontend team, help with PRs and interface with the backend and devops teams.
Our Tech Stack
On the backend we use Ruby on Rails for the API, MongoDB and Postgres for the datastore, Docker and Kubernetes for the infrastructure, all hosted on the Google cloud platform.
For the frontend we use Webpack, Flow, Babel, ReactJS, Redux and Redux Saga. We also use react virtualised and highcharts for data visualisation. We test using Jest and Enzyme.
- 3+ Years of experience building complex performant frontend applications. Knowledge of best practices in frontend architecture, including performance, accessibility and usability.
- You understand performance; you are able to catch and debug bottlenecks to make sure the UI remains buttery smooth.
- Practical knowledge of design patterns and API design.
- You are decisive when it comes to product decisions, knowing how to tackle tasks no matter what are the dependencies.
- Good sense of UI design is a plus.
- You will be joining us at the perfect stage in our company - we’re neither a struggling startup, nor a slow moving established company. We’ve found product market fit and are doubling down and scaling our product. You not only get to see all aspects of the product but also learn how a company is built and scaled from ground up. Expect to have three years worth of experience compressed into one.
- You’ll have all the opportunity to tackle hard problems, experiment and take risks - even if it means failing. The engineering problems here will let you deal with scale, performance and complexity. You will be helping us scale our data ingestion pipeline for handling petabytes of data as opposed to hundreds of GB of data it handles today; handle huge amounts of data to visualise in the react frontend while still keeping everything responsive and highly performant.
- Work with a great team of people who have a track record of shipping and scaling some solid products at companies like Facebook, Google, Nutanix and Freshdesk. We contribute to popular OSS libraries and are planning to open source a few of our own open source tools - both backend and frontend.
- We care about your personal development - you get access to books, courses and subscriptions, we get in external mentors when necessary. We encourage you to attend meetups and conferences. We just don’t want you to build great stuff but want you to become great at building great stuff.
- Ideate, experiment, share your work with others. We will encourage you to write blog posts, give talks and contribute to open source. If you’ve done something brilliant we don’t hide it, in fact we go out of our way to promote it to the external world.
- We are like a big family! We’ve turned a nice bungalow into our office and even have a full time cook. We’re redoing parts of our office, you get to decide how the office you work in looks like.
- We have a flexible and open culture. Bring your own device - Mac / Windows / Linux. We provide you with the monitors, keyboards and anything else you need to get stuff done. You will have great pay, a flexible schedule, work from home option and generous vacation time.