Clarisights is a SaaS product that enables marketers to gain better insight from their ads and analytics data. Marketers have to deal with data incoming from multiple siloed sources such as ad networks, web analytics, in-app analytics and inhouse customer data. Collating all this data, exporting it, and later analysing it is often an manual job which is tedious, error prone and very limited. Clarisights solves this problem by stitching in data aggregation, data warehousing and data visualisation into one seamless interface. Marketers can connect their data sources to our platform, streaming all the ad and analytics data to our backend, then can run computations on that data, have custom visualisations, drill down / roll up, and query by any other metric. It gives marketers superpowers by helping them make sense of all their data without any of the pain.
We hit product market fit in early 2018, bagged a few top tier customers and even managed to close a $2 Million seed round from top European VCs. We are now seeking world-class engineering expertise to help scale our product to the next level.
We are looking for a platform engineer who has experience building solid stable backend applications. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of software architecture, databases, performance and API design; and would have shipped one or more apps in production.
Your main focus will be feature development. You will be communicating with Product/Business teams, understand the specific requirements, and implement features for the product. You will write APIs to expose the features to the frontend team and the internal services. You may also need to provide feedback and suggestions to the product teams for improving a product component. You will be working on the technologies like Ruby on Rails, Java, REST APIs, SQL and NoSQL databases, Docker, Kubernetes, Redis, Testing Frameworks, etc.
Our Tech Stack
On the backend we use Ruby on Rails for the API, MongoDB and Postgres for the datastore, Docker and Kubernetes for the infrastructure, all hosted on the Google cloud platform.
For the frontend we use Webpack, Flow, Babel, ReactJS, Redux and Redux Saga. We also use react virtualised and highcharts for data visualisation. We test using Jest and Enzyme.
We are looking for engineers with a strong passion for solving complex engineering problems and a burning desire to learn and grow in a fast growing startup. This is not an easy gig, it will require strong technical chops and an insatiable curiosity to make things better. We need adults who want to be mentored not managed.
- 2+ years of experience with a backend MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails or Django. Experience with a scripting language like Python or Ruby.
- Experience writing quality code, including tests using test frameworks, understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals with the understanding of how to break down and approach complex engineering tasks. This includes basics of data structures and algorithms, code design patterns and architecture patterns. You are comfortable working with or designing microservices.
- Experience in performing benchmarks and performance optimisations.
- Good understanding of relational databases, SQL and ORMs. Knowledge of NoSQL database is nice to have.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is great to have.
- Open source contribution is a plus.
- You will be joining us at the perfect stage in our company - we’re neither a struggling startup, nor a slow moving established company. We’ve found product market fit and are doubling down and scaling our product. You not only get to see all aspects of the product but also learn how a company is built and scaled from ground up. Expect to have three years worth of experience compressed into one.
- You’ll have all the opportunity to tackle hard problems, experiment and take risks - even if it means failing. The engineering problems here will let you deal with scale, performance and complexity. You will be helping us scale our data ingestion pipeline for handling petabytes of data as opposed to hundreds of GB of data it handles today; handle huge amounts of data to visualise in the react frontend while still keeping everything responsive and highly performant.
- Work with a great team of people who have a track record of shipping and scaling some solid products at companies like Facebook, Google, Nutanix and Freshdesk. We contribute to popular OSS libraries and are planning to open source a few of our own open source tools - both backend and frontend.
- We care about your personal development - you get access to books, courses and subscriptions, we get in external mentors when necessary. We encourage you to attend meetups and conferences. We just don’t want you to build great stuff but want you to become great at building great stuff.
- Ideate, experiment, share your work with others. We will encourage you to write blog posts, give talks and contribute to open source. If you’ve done something brilliant we don’t hide it, in fact we go out of our way to promote it to the external world.
- We are like a big family! We’ve turned a nice bungalow into our office and even have a full time cook. We’re redoing parts of our office, you get to decide how the office you work in looks like.
- We have a flexible and open culture. Bring your own device - Mac / Windows / Linux. We provide you with the monitors, keyboards and anything else you need to get stuff done. You will have great pay, a flexible schedule, work from home option and generous vacation time.