We're Clarendon Animal Care - our motto is Gentle. Caring. Awesome.
We're a highly motivated company of compassionate animal AND people care-givers!
As a veterinary receptionist we're looking for someone who can work seamlessly on a team with an eye for detail while delivering a higher level of customer service than expected.
This is not a call center position!
This is a client-facing, community-serving, team-oriented role that requires great capacity for problem solving and strategy on a daily basis while remaining empathetic to both the people we serve and the people we work with. Our veterinary receptionists are required to be forward thinkers who feel constantly motivated to deliver a unique and exceptional experience. The position requires a solid background involving communication and previous leadership experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide top-notch customer service.
- Being attentive to client AND patient needs.
- An incredibly responsible and accountable team member.
- Remain on top of team tasks and checklists.
- Maintain team morale and motivation.
- Identify and work compassionately/patiently with clients in various emotional states.
- Answer and be able to triage phone calls from clients.
- Strategically schedule appointments and procedures.
- Check-in clients and welcome them to our practice.
- Monitor client flow.
- Monitor schedule and flow.
- Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty practices.
- Be a resource for client education specific to the veterinary products, services and policies of our hospital.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the hospital and lobby.
- Process payment transactions.
- Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or management.
- Computer skills: Able to use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email, web search and other skills needed to effectively use the practice management software program.