If you love food and love making food even more, we are looking for you! If every time you pick up a packaged food item and almost instinctively turn it around to read the back panel; we need you! If you understand food chemistry and can turn food ingredients into delicious, nutritious and safe food items; you will love our mission of creating scrumptious foods from very sustainable sources.
Role and Responsibilities
As a key member of the Product Team, you will be tasked with
- Conducting functionality tests on food ingredients in model systems.
- Formulating food product concepts to demonstrate functional attributes.
- Developing formulation and process specifications.
- Collaborating with suppliers and vendors to effectively source materials and services.
- Collaborating with research institutions to conduct analytical as well as nutritional testing as needed.
- Ensure compliance with food laws and regulations.
Training and Skills
- BS in Food Science with 3-5 years; MS with 1-3 years; or PhD with 0-1 years of active food product development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of food chemistry, protein chemistry, ingredient functionality and interactions, food processing techniques; food microbiology, food safety fundamentals; food packaging; US Foods laws and regulations is required.
- Detailed knowledge of fundamentals and practices of sensory and consumer science is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of launching consumer food products and familiarity with stage gate process would be highly desirable.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for Clara Foods.
What Clara can offer:
- Generous benefits package; medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter benefits, free parking, HSA, FSA, life insurance, and more
- Unlimited paid time off and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free gym and yoga classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, local coffees, and teas
- Weekly happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings
About Clara Foods™:
Clara Foods™ is reimagining egg production. We join a new generation of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades-old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people and counting - and that technology may hold a solution. As much as the growing market demands for egg production exert pressure on hatcheries to improve their efficiencies and outputs, there is also growing public distaste for the environmental, animal welfare, and health compromises of industrial-scale egg production. Clara Foods™ aims to subvert this moral and economic deadlock by taking the chicken out of the equation. We’re bringing an egg white to the table that is produced completely animal-free, uses less land and water inputs, while matching the taste, nutritional value, and unique culinary properties of hen-borne egg whites.