CLARA Analytics ("CLARA") is revolutionizing the workers comp insurance industry with its AI based products that dramatically reduce costs and complexity for both insurers and the insured. Our products include the award winning CLARA Providers, a provider scoring engine that helps rapidly connect injured workers with top performing doctors, getting them on a path to speedy recovery, CLARA litigation which uses AI insights to detect litigation risk, manage attorney performance and resolve claims effectively, and CLARA claims, an early warning system that helps front-line claims teams efficiently manage claims, reduce escalations and understand the drivers of complexity. CLARA’s customers include a broad spectrum from the world’s top 25 insurance carriers to small, self-insured organizations.
This is a chance to get in early with a rapidly growing Silicon Valley company in the AI/ML and InsureTech space and to participate in developing the next generation of truly game-changing products. Job title and compensation will be adjusted as appropriate to meet the experience level of the right candidate.
Responsibilities and Duties
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for design and development of Clara’s award winning, AI based SaaS products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on both the server-side and front-end and juggling multiple priorities. The role includes significant collaboration with data engineers, data scientists, product managers and customer success personnel, all of whom are singularly focused on delivering high value to our customer
- Design, prototype and build high performing features and functionality across our full stack (Java, Play Framework, Angular, SQL and NoSQL databases)
- Solve complex engineering problems to improve the scalability, security and reliability of our applications
- Develop frameworks, tooling and documentation that increase developer productivity and improve the quality of our code base
- Collaborate closely with product managers, data scientists and operational experts to design and develop new applications and features
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or graduate degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience designing and developing Java based SaaS applications in a large-scale production environment
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience with RESTful services and Java web frameworks such as Play Framework or Spring MVC
- Knowledge of databases, designing schemes and performing queries
- Experience with AWS ecosystem
- Experience with Elastic Search, Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- 401(K) plus company matching
- Monthly wellness/gym reimbursement
- Public Transportation cost assistance
- Skill building reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time