CLARA is Latin for “Bright and Clear”. At CLARA analytics, we strive to add clarity to everything we do. We exist to reduce claims operational costs in Commercial Insurance by providing easy-to-use AI products. CLARA also comes from “Santa Clara”, our home and the heart of Silicon Valley.
Data scientists at CLARA are developing cutting edge machine learning models that significantly impact on the traditional insurance industry. We are looking for a Data Scientist to participate in our technology innovations. This is a chance to get in early with a rapidly growing Silicon Valley company, and to participate in developing the next generation of truly game-changing products. Job title and compensation will be adjusted as appropriate to meet the experience level of the right candidate.
Benefits at CLARA analytics
CLARA analytics offers a great benefits package to all full-time employees. Some of the perks you will enjoy are free healthcare (or we pay you to opt out!), monthly wellness/gym reimbursement, 401k match, public transportation cost assistance, skill building reimbursements, and more! We love to have fun in the office by enjoying Friday Happy Hours and free lunches 3 times/week. We encourage creativity and recognize our employee’s talents and contributions with a monthly Most Valuable Clarian award. Apply now to be part of a growing, vibrant company!
- Analyze various data sets and build sophisticated machine learning models
- Design and optimize algorithms to achieve the best solutions
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Participate in product ideation sessions, roadmap reviews and customer calls as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an advanced degree in a STEM discipline (MS/PhD)
- Working experience as a data scientist, machine learning engineer or research scientist is preferred but not required
- Ability to make appropriate judgement on priorities
- Highly self-motivated for achieving the optimized solution with given data
- Experience leading projects and mentoring is preferred but not required
- Solid understanding of statistical modeling / predictive analysis/ machine learning / recommender system concepts
- Experience using at least two of the following: Python, R, Scala, C, C++, SQL, Java. (Experience with Spark a plus.)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis results in a clear, precise, and actionable manner using a variety of presentation tools including Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- A passion for problem solving in general
- A passion for InsurTech solutions using data available to date
- Self-driven individual who can take a high-level idea and see it through to completion with minimal supervision and has the desire and ability to work in a fast paced, start-up atmosphere
- Takes a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, combined with the ability to thrive under the pressure of constant change and moving objectives
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and display grace under pressure
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
At CLARA, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.