Software Engineer - Full Stack (Java)
About Clara Analytics
Clara Analytics’ mission is to give insurance claims managers the power to dramatically improve outcomes, not only saving millions of dollars, but also helping thousands of people recover from injuries, recoup damages and get back on their feet faster after suffering a loss.
The Software Engineer has the opportunity to develop high value AI and machine learning applications in the insurance industry are nearly unbounded - the industry has only just begun to realize the benefits of adopting these technologies. We are looking for high performers with an entrepreneurial spirit who welcome the challenges and opportunities of thinking big in uncharted territory and are driven to solve challenging problems and develop cutting edge applications that have a big impact.
Led by insurance industry veterans with deep technical expertise, we have solid traction with some of the nation’s largest insurers, third-party administrators and managed care providers. We just raised our first round of venture funding in December, which included prominent Silicon Valley investors, and still have fewer than 50 employees. This an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we accelerate our growth.
We work in small, collaborative, product-based teams in a flat organization. We rely on our Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Product Managers to work directly with each other to identify new applications ideas, validate them and then develop and ship them. We value people that take ownership, get things done and like to have some fun along the way. Many of us have entrepreneurial backgrounds and that permeates our culture heavily. We're building something big and important - come join us!
As a Full Stack Software Engineer in the Clara Next group, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, product managers and operations experts to develop high-value, AI and machine learning enabled software applications. You will utilize your software engineering expertise to build backend APIs, frontend web applications and data engineering pipelines to develop scalable, high performing applications.
● Design, prototype and build high performing features and functionality across our full stack (Java, Play Framework, Angular, SQL and NoSQL databases).
● Solve complex engineering problems to improve the scalability, security and reliability of our applications.
● Develop frameworks, tooling, standards and documentation that increase developer productivity and improved the quality of our code base.
● Collaborate closely with product managers, data scientists, and operational experts to design and develop new applications and features.
● Bachelor of Science in computer science or equivalent.
● 3+ years of experience building Java applications in a large scale production environment
● 1+ years of experience with RESTful services and Java web frameworks such as Play Framework or Spring MVC
● Knowledge of databases, designing schemas, performing queries
● Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, RDS, etc.)
● Unix, Git and other command line tools
● Experience with latest version of Angular and related libraries such as Angular Material
● Experience with NoSQL databases such as Mongo, Cassandra and DynamoDB
● Experience with Python, Hadoop and Hive
● Insurance industry experience
CLARA analytics values diversity and considers all applicants for employment based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.