Senior DevOps Engineer
Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Help build technology that positively affects hundreds of thousands of Injured Workers everyday!
CLARA analytics, Inc. is a fast growing InsurTech predictive analytics company that helps insurance claims teams by augmenting their capabilities and helping them to process claims more efficiently.
- We help thousands of injured workers return to work faster and attain best possible health by leveraging AI, Machine Learning and Cognitive Services technologies to identify and match best doctors;
- We work with the nation's largest Insurers, TPAs and Managed Care companies;
- We are a Series A funded company, lead by industry veterans and prominent Silicon Valley investors;
If you are a Senior DevOps or Senior Systems Engineer with Linux and Automation experience in AWS, please read on!
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to automate and expand our AWS datacenter operations. The ideal candidate has practical experience with and exposure to security best practices. You will develop tools to manage and automate the security of our production deployment. Ideally you care deeply about things working the way they should and are passionate about scaling your efforts through automation.
- Design and implement AWS production and staging VPCs
- Manage runtime AMIs built on Ubuntu LTS, Nginx, PHP, Node.js
- Manage databases running on MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Manage and improve deployments across multiple development teams
- Work with our security engineers to achieve and maintain PCI compliance
- Service attack surface minimization/hardening
- Implement security patch management automation
- Implement monitoring to ensure reliability and performance meets or exceeds business goals
- Work closely with engineers to assist in the reproduction and resolution of defects
- Work closely with development teams and take their applications from design to full production in the AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment, and operations.
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
- AWS : EC2, ELB/ALB, Cloudformation, Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, WAF, Kinesis Firehose/Streams, SQS, EMR, CodeStar, Data Pipeline, Step Functions, CloudFront.
- RDS, DynamoDB
- Elastic caching (Redis, Memcached)
- Jenkins CI/CD, Declarative Pipelines
- NodeJS, Python, Rails
- JIRA & Confluence
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps role
- 2+ years experience working with AWS
- Experience with PCI certification and maintenance
- Understanding of deployment tools such as AWS CodeDeploy, Chef, Jenkins, Git, Vagrant, etc.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 6-8 years of Unix/Linux administration and release management
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services
- Proficiency with the AWS CLI
- Solid experience writing Cloudformation templates
- Very familiar with Jenkins CI and creating jobs
- Fluent with git at the command line
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- A solid Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails ” when you build things
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM or Kanban
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies
Self-starter with ability to lead processes and projects
- Good technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Good experience in security, network protocols, and Linux configuration
At CLARA analytics, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.