CLARA analytics("CLARA") drives change in the commercial insurance markets with easy to use artificial intelligence (AI) based solutions that dramatically reduce claims costs by anticipating the needs of claimants and helping align the best resources to meet those needs. Leading examples of our solutions include CLARA providers, an award-winning provider scoring engine that helps rapidly connect injured workers with top performing doctors, and CLARA claim, an early warning system that helps frontline claims teams efficiently manage claims, reduce escalations and understand the drivers of complexity. CLARA's customers include a broad spectrum from the top 25 insurance carriers to small, self-insured organizations.
CLARA analytics is looking for a Financial Analyst to help with accounting & finance in a fast growing environment. This role will be responsible for reporting, analysis, forecasting and budgeting for all departments. It will work closely with Senior Management to complete month-end close, ensure accruals are in place, and help with forecasts, budgeting and long term plans. This Financial Analyst role has lots of opportunity to take on more responsibilities in the accounting and sales operations functions. This role will need to wear multiple hats, and will report to the CFO. If you are looking for a fun, diversified job in a growing company, this is for you!
Key Responsibilities for the Financial Analyst
- 2-4 years of corporate finance experience, or related forecast/planning experience
- Experience in financial modeling and quantitative analysis
- Ability to quickly grasp Finance, Accounting and Operational practices and business drivers
- Proven track record of forecasting with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level
- Solid knowledge of financial fundamentals and financial systems / processes.
- Prepare monthly management reports emphasizing operational and financial performance metrics, historical results, budgets, forecasts, and trends.
- Experience with A/P and A/R a must
- Drive continual process improvement leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business.
- Build out and manage near and long-range financial planning and forecasts. Align the plan and forecast with the strategy and critically develop the plan in terms of drivers and growth opportunities.
- Financial Analyst will collaborate with other departments (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Customer Success) to provide ad-hoc financial analysis and business case support.
- Support the annual budgeting and planning process, the long-range strategic planning process, as well as lead the monthly / quarterly re-forecast process.
- Evaluate operational and financial impacts of on-going business decisions and work closely with cross-functional partners to develop recommendations that promote stewardship and continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to execute quickly with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate well with others
- Desire to expand skill set in a growing company
- Well-developed analytical and strategic thinking skills with a bias toward independently crafting order and innovative solutions out of ambiguity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.