PRIMARY DUTY: Resolves technical problems of repair, overhaul, and modification of for installation ground navigational aids. Uses layouts and drawings, schematics, and pictorial diagrams to solve maintenance problems, and analyzes construction and operating efficiency. Determines repair procedures necessary to correct defective equipment. Interprets and implements maintenance equipment associated with the equipment.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Perform normal housekeeping functions to include trash removal, dusting, straightening, and weekly vacuuming, update and maintain Technical Orders (T.O.s), order parts for repairs and return parts to depot, complete all documents for the parts ordered and returned to Depot, signs shipping receipt for all parts and supplies ordered and received for maintenance. Performs other mission related duties.
- Performs aeronautical evaluation of navigational aids.
- Provides training support as requested.
- Provides direct, general, and limited depot level maintenance support for ground navigational aids and landing systems.
- Coordinates with Air Traffic Control and Operations personnel for equipment downtime and problems related to unscheduled outages.
- Isolates unusual malfunctions using tube testers, frequency meters, volt meters, and other related equipment and by studying resistance measurements, schematic diagrams, and operating characteristics of the equipment.
- Conducts detailed tests of repaired components, using bench mockups and related test equipment.
- Replaces components such as capacitors, resistors, modulators, transformers, and transistors using small hand tools, soldering irons, and specialized electronic instruments.
- Inspects all equipment to determine operational status.
- Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective action.
- Protects and upkeeps government furnished and Company furnished equipment and property.
- Checks new and repaired components for technical order compliance prior to installation.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a thorough background in basic electronics. Must be experienced in ATCALS, navigation communications equipment as required. A minimum of three years experience on military or civilian equipment is required. Formal training in communications electronics is required. Must be familiar with technical orders, directives, and specifications related to this job. Must have normal color perception and hear well. Must demonstrate ability to perform all work functions with an economy of material, time, manpower, and natural resource energy. Must be medically approved to lift 50 pounds and otherwise accomplish all tasks. Must possess driver’s license and obtain government driver’s license. Must have or be able to obtain Secret security clearance.
Other Essential Functions
- Able to work in a dynamic and multi-task work environment by prioritizing work and coordinating task/project schedules.
- Follow the safe practices and rules contained in ClancyJG International’s Corporate Health & Safety Plan and other such rules and practices communicated on the job.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
- Must be a U. S. Citizen.
- Must pass drug testing.
- Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation) – Regular, full-time employees are provided Paid Time Off on a monthly accrual basis. For every calendar month in which employees are in pay status for at least three-quarters of the work days, employees accrue Paid Time Off according to the following schedule.
- Holidays – Regular, full-time employees will receive the standard ten (10) 8-hour paid holidays per year.
- Medical/Prescription Insurance – Regular, full-time employees are offered a medical plan. Plan options are reviewed annually to ensure that the benefits offered meet the needs of the employees. Monthly premiums are based upon each employee’s selection and individual situation.
- Dental Insurance – Regular, full-time employees are offered dental insurance. Plan options are reviewed annually to ensure that the benefits offered meet the needs of the employees. Monthly premiums are based upon each employee’s selection and individual situation.
- Vision Insurance – Regular, full-time employees are offered vision insurance. Plan options are reviewed annually to ensure that the benefits offered meet the needs of the employees. Monthly premiums are based upon each employee’s selection and individual situation.
- Life / AD&D Insurance – Regular, full-time employees are offered a $50,000.00 Life Insurance and AD&D policy at no cost to the employee.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance – Regular, full-time employees are offered Short Term Disability Insurance no cost to the employee.
- 401(k) – Regular, full-time employees who are at least 21 years of age have the option of participating in the 401(k) plan.
- Education Assistance Program – Regular, full-time employees with at least one full year of service with ClancyJG International may continue their education in a related field relevant to the ClancyJG International business base. ClancyJG International will reimburse for the portion of the registration and tuition that was pre-approved up to $2,000.00 per calendar year.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability