Works in concert with team leaders and members engaged in the analysis and study of complex aviation technical and operational issues. Individually, or with team members, develops, analyzes, evaluated and advises on methods and techniques to improve performance of the air transportation system. Based on study findings, prepares draft detailed recommendations on methods, procedures to apply and alternative means to improve the air transportation system. Utilizes and applies knowledge of web information technology and associated tools such as micro media flash, adobe, sharepoint, etc. to provide an information format for Government and industry personnel and the general public.
- Answering calls and emails about UAS policy, regulations, processes, and standards from the private citizens, public employees, and other FAA’ers
- Respond to the current backlog of calls and emails
- Collaborate with AUS subject matter experts to provide input to, conduct research, and draft material for the Library of Responses
- Conduct research and outreach across the FAA to respond to unique inquiries
- Support tracking and analytical efforts to ensure efficiencies in the internal processes and metrics reporting for the Support Center and DroneZone
- Provide input and assistance for improving public facing information sources (FAQs, websites, etc.) and internal processes when required (e.g., DroneZone)
- Stay abreast of changes in UAS policies, technology, and other pertinent issues
- Attend weekly Support Center huddles to stay on top of the latest developments and provide feedback
- Help develop training materials for new Support Center staff and the rest of AUS
- Help develop metrics for upper management on common issues being reported to the Support Center
- Potentially help test various Support Center software packages for tracking Support Center activities
Serve as backup when others are on vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Aviation background (private or commercial pilot, Air Traffic Controller).
- Experience writing customer focused communications.
- Detail Oriented.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 5 years of direct aviation experience concerning flight operations and, as appropriate, experience as a pilot with a commercial or airline transport pilot rating. Bachelor’s Degree may be waived with 10 years of experience in performing the above duties.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full-time