We are seeking an IoT Solution Architect to join our team! This position contributes to the development of cloud-based IoT application solutions. You will be part of a highly innovative fast-paced team, incorporating and inventing emerging software technologies to deliver best practice IoT solutions to the market. Such solutions will prove out new business models for products and services to customers across various industries including Automotive, Machinery, Consumer Products, Industrial Automation, Manufacturing, and Energy. You will leverage your existing deep technical background and become a leader in emerging innovative technologies in cloud, big data, communications, analytics and other related new IoT technologies.
- Understanding, advocating and augmenting the principles of emerging, innovative IT strategies in disruptive technologies such as IoT, big data, machine learning, and performance analytics using SAP Leonardo
- Educate internal and external audiences on capabilities and limitations of technologies across the IoT ecosystem
- Collaborate with peers in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the client and internal teams to be the source of innovative thought
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations for investment or inclusion into customer environment
- Work with engineering teams on a daily basis to ensure solution is developed according to desired architectural approach
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes.
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Internet of Things expertise; understands device-to-cloud architecture in SAP Cloud Platform and SAP Leonardo (preferred)
- Experience with Middleware Suites like Oracle SOA Suite/SAP PO.
- Strong technical knowledge and know-how around the following:
- Big Data (Hadoop stack), IoT
- Cloud services and governance (Azure, SAP Cloud Platform, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and/or IBM SL)
- BI Reporting and Visualization technologies like PowerBI, Business Objects etc.
- Experience with at least one EA Frameworks/Methodologies like TOGAF/Zachman.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience establishing Cloud Governance.
- Strong technology foundation in computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields; a systems thinker mindset at a solution architecture level
- Business acumen and strategic mindset
- Ideally, past experience in software development, engineering, or solution architecture
- Comfortable with public speaking in front of leadership/executive audiences
- Nice to have, experience selling, scoping, and delivering strategy consulting projects
- Nice to have, Design Thinking expertise; applying design thinking and design research to product and business strategy challenges
- Nice to have, experience leading & crafting interactive client workshops
- Nice to have, experience in product management or product strategy roles
- Nice to have, prior thought leadership through articles, whitepapers, or speaking roles
Educational & Work Qualifications:
- 4 Year degree in computer sciences, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- No visa sponsorship available
CIYIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.