The Senior SAP BOBJ/BW/BI Consultant consultant is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the SAP BOBJ/BW/BI environment for our client in the NY/NJ Area. The Senior SAP BOBJ/BW/BI Consultant will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of solutions that provide timely, relevant information that is used for operational and analytical decision making. This position will also be responsible for defining enterprise reporting standards, building a Business Intelligence Center of Excellence, and promoting self-service in the organization.
- Ability to meet with SMEs across the business user community to gather reporting requirements.
- Analyze requirements and design BW Data Models to meet reporting needs.
- Develop and implement BW Data Models (Infocubes, DSO, Multi Providers, Infosets)
- Create Transformations and DTPs to load and update data into Data Targets to achieve required results.
- Activate Business content and perform gap analysis with requirements.
- Create Generic data sources and enhance Business content data sources as needed.
- Generate BeX Reports using calculated, restricted key figures, formulas, conditions, and Exceptions, filters, drill down methods
- Create Business Objects Data Services(BODS) Jobs, Work Flows, Data Flows, and Scripts using various Transforms to load data from ECC to SQL database.
- Develop and Enhance Business Objects Universes based on SQL data sources using pre-defined prompts, conditions, and filters.
- Develop complex reports using BOBJ reporting tools - Web Intelligence (WebI), Crystal Reports, Analysis for Microsoft Office.
- Design and develop dashboards using Visualization tools such as Lumira, Microsoft Power BI, and Tableau
- Implement BW and BOBJ security, and authorizations. Work with Security team for preparing security matrix for data and report access
- Work with Basis team to troubleshoot and resolve the BI/BOBJ related issues
- Support and perform system upgrade activities related to the BW/BOBJ platforms.
- Strong BW data modeling concepts and architecture experience.
- Expertise in analyzing, designing, creating and maintaining BW configuration such as Info Objects, Info Cubes, DSO objects, Multi Providers, Info Sets and Extract Structures.
- Proficient in BeX queries development - Creating/changing query objects such as RKF, CKF, structures etc.
- Experience in Data Extraction from SAPECC environments including modules in supply chain management, financial management, human resources and asset management.
- Experience with custom data extraction from SAP ECC using generic data extractors
- Experience enhancing business content extractors, transformations and OLAP variables using ABAP routines.
- Develop and execute detailed Test Cases & Test Plans for validation of configuration and system upgrades.
- Work on testing & transporting of extractors, data models, reports, queries and dashboards from development to testing and testing to production.
- Maintain and optimize production systems. Investigate and resolve incidents. Identify opportunities to automate, consolidate and simplify platform
- Analyze and solve complex technical issues such as load failures and systems dumps
- Monitor and resolve helpdesk tickets. Provide Production Support activities such as data load monitoring, enhancements, report access and change requests.
- Develop training material and conduct end user training.
- Develop rapid prototyping to create demos and proof of concept and facilitate design discussions.
- Highly Proficient in BOBJ reporting toolsets – WebI, Crystal Reports, Analysis for Office, Design Studio, Lumira
- Skilled in Universe Designer (UDT/IDT) development/enhancement
- Experience with BOBJ system administration - Central Management Console (CMC), managing job Servers, setting up users and BOBJ security, promotion management.
- Experience with creating of complex BODS Jobs, Work Flows, Data Flows, and Scripts using various Transforms (Query Transform, Table Comparison, Case, Validation, Merge etc.)
- Experience with using Data Services Management Console to schedule, execute and monitor jobs
- Experience in designing and deploying dashboard solutions using tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and Lumira
- 5+ years of SAP BW experience with sound knowledge in integrating SAP SD, MM and FICO modules in BW.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence (BI) architecture such as the ETL process & dimensional modeling.
- 5+ years of experience in frontend BeX query development.
- 5+ years of experience BOBJ report development
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with end-users, managers, and technical personnel
- Work independently and in a team environment under tight deadlines and able to prioritize work to meet the project deadlines
- Flexible to adapt to any new environment with a strong desire to keep pace with latest technologies.
- Experience developing and implementing training programs for IT/Service Desk teams and/or hands-on IT/Service Desk experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Educational & Work Qualifications:
- 4 Year degree in computer sciences, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- No visa sponsorship available
CIYIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.