Civic’s mission is to provide every person on Earth with a digital identity that they can use to interact privately and securely with the world. We envision a world where people can decide who they want to share their personal information with and what information gets shared.
Led by Vinny Lingham and Jonathan Smith, two visionary founders with entrepreneurial and cybersecurity experience, Civic recently conducted one of the most well respected token sales in history, raising over US$33 million. The company and the international team are well positioned to create a Marketplace for transaction of trusted identities, changing both the economics and user experience of how trusted identity is used forever.
This is a unique opportunity to join our team and shape the future of Civic as we begin a massive growth phase in the company.
We’re seeking a fast-paced, creative and resourceful Marketing Coordinator who can combine social media, community management with events management, cool swag ideas and non-traditional guerrilla marketing efforts. This person will play an integral part in creating and implementing Civic’s marketing plan, working closely with the Communications & Marketing, Business Development and Product teams.
In this role, you will be expected to help coordinate Civic’s marketing activities, including: online and offline content creation, events management, social media activities, community management, employee and supporter swag and website management.
- Implementation of marketing campaigns by preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Tracking partnerships and new business, ensuring external visibility for all new company partnerships
- Preparation of marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Keeping promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Supporting the team by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Researching competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Planing meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Monitoring budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, background in writing or communications a plus.
- 2–3 years experience in a marketing or communication role
- Self-starter who thrives under ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Exceptional copywriter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for social media, with a track record of creating content that is creative and engaging.
- Analytical and able to quantify and report on campaign success.
- Knowledge of and interest in the world of blockchain, cryptocurrencies, finance and technology.
- Motivation, drive, and a self-starting attitude.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- General design knowledge; capable of coordinating appropriate visual content for posts.
- Graphic design expertise a plus.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunch
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Bicycle storage
- Generous gym subsidy
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.