About The Position
At CitySwifter, we are building a world-class engineering team to digitally transform public transport in major cities around the world. We want a full-stack engineer to join a rapidly growing team, solving interesting and complex technological problems with real-world solutions. You must love to code both personally and professionally, always keep up to date with the latest technologies(Kotlin, Java, React.js) and get excited by and have the ambition to grow with the company as we scale up.
Today, we analyse billions of data points for a selection of the world’s largest transport companies, shipping a product that constantly delivers for clients and exceeds expectations.
Our investors include Ryanair co-founder Declan Ryan’s Irelandia Investments, ACT Venture Capital and former CarTrawler Chief Executive Mike McGearty.
- Excitement by joining a growing, dynamic start-up solving a real-world problem
- 3+ years of experience of hands-on software engineering
- Extensive back-end experience with Java and/or Python
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related domains. MS/PhD degree is an advantage
- Experience working on the end to end development of software projects
- Experience with any of the main cloud platforms
- Understanding of software best practices and design patterns
It will be great if you have some:
- Experience in building cloud-based production grade big data pipelines and working with big data technologies.
- Experience working in the Database or with Data Warehouse
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of best practice data structures and optimization algorithms.
- Experience in manipulating big data and drawing insights from massive data sets.
- Experience with GIS software/analysis tools as well as routing algorithms