Client located in Windsor, ON, Canada is in need of a Senior level Controls Engineer. Candidate will act as the senior technical lead on projects such as legacy control upgrades, new production line launches, or on site support contracts.
Take pride in your communication ability and can interface effectively with project managers, other controls professionals, team members, trades people and vendors/ suppliers. Possess a high level of accountability, integrity and work ethic and thrive in fast paced, multi-project environment.
Day to day duties will vary but will look something like this:
- Deliver instrumentation & controls engineering services that meet Client's quality standards
- Act as the primary technical customer contact, participate in relevant meetings, and lead a small team of controls engineers
- Develop, manage, and oversee the execution of automation project requirements, assign tasks and supervise progress
- Develop overall technical solution to meet client project requirements
- Prepare control systems designs and utilize AutoCAD to prepare drawings which include power distribution, PLC, main and station panel layouts, console layouts, pneumatics, hydraulics, and instrumentation.
- Write and document software.
- Review and report on budgets and schedules
- Work with the Project Manager to develop cost to completes and release dates.
- Degree or technology diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering
- 5+ Years experience in developing and writing PLC and HMI code for large scale automation projects, primarily in discrete and batch manufacturing (Siemens S7, TIA Portal, WinnCC, and Allen Bradley RSLogix)
- Experience with commissioning, start-ups, and troubleshooting of industrial automation projects
- Advanced knowledge of electrical design as it pertains to automation
- Ability to work in the US and Canada
What Could Give You an Edge
- Supervisory experience as a group leader or branch manager
- Experience estimating projects for materials and labour costs