Client located in Pontiac, MI is seeking an Engineering Supervisor in their Soft Trim department who is looking for the opportunity to be part of their innovative and exciting seating products.
Directs and coordinates activities of the engineering department to design, manufacture, and test components, products, and systems by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of company policies and procedures to the engineering activities
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university
- 4 – 6 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.