Lead change estimating team in providing accurate and timely change cost estimates
- Manage a small team of estimators that are responsible for leading the change costing on existing programs
- Work with program management team
- Develop and monitor effective KPI’s
- Develop VA/VE suggestions during the quoting phase of projects
- Present process flow, layouts and costing to management
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of automotive part production manufacturing
- Familiarity of cost model development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively communicate with personnel in varying roles, in person, via telephone and email
- Has high standards of performance for self.
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes.
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress.
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow.
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities.
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
This position manages all employees on the Engineering Change Estimating team and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role primarily involves the use of a computer to complete job functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma
- 5 years of estimating experience in manufacturing
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 years of estimating experience in automotive manufacturing preferred
- Stamping and / or weld tooling processing and design preferred