The primary duty of an EEG technician is to perform EEG tests when requested by a physician. As part of the testing process, an EEG tech will gather a patient's medical history, explain testing procedures, and prepare the patient for the procedure. During testing, the EEG technician monitors the patient's status and notes any abnormalities. After testing is complete, they report their findings to the patient's doctor for further analysi
- Electroencephalograms (EEG) tests, used to assess brain activity.
- Gather patient medical history, explain testing procedures, and prepare the patient for the procedure.
- Long-term monitoring in epilepsy, critical care continuous EEG, Routine EEG. Abnormalities and findings are reported to the patient’s doctor for further analysis .
- Evoked potential studies, in which the technologist measures neurological responses to external stimuli to trace electrical pathways.
- High School or Equivalent and certification in BLS/CPR
- ABRET-R.EEG.T (Registered EEG Tech)