Responsible for developing the Quality strategy, policies, process, standards and systems for the plant and its supply chain to operator within. The may include auditing to ensure compliance although this may be carried out by a third party accredited body.
- Develop and sustain the Quality Management System in line with the required industry standards, including IATF 16949 AND ISO13485, accreditation requirements and business requirements across the organization through existing and new procedures.
- Regulate, control and improve the quality of all processes throughout the business and the final product.
- Manage the audit program to ensure that all nonconformities raised against certification bodies during audits are effectively corrected and independently verified.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement throughout the company. Lead the team to achieve quality management system targets for customers and business goals.
- Develop the Management Systems strategy and the management arrangements for key milestone, demonstrating solid progress against plan.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects. Review and communicate the impact on QMS
- Manage all external registration requirements to ensure they are met.
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns.
- Ensure that all necessary systems and procedures are in place to satisfy all customer requirements and audits. Ensure compliance with QMS.
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate.
- Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
- Initiate regular internal and process audits of the QMS
- Verify closure of non-conformities and provide detailed analysis
- Bachelors Degree in Quality or technical field
- Significant experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Strong knowledge of the latest automotive tools and techniques
- Experience with Automotive Quality Management System auditing and managing audit programs, specifically IATF 16949 AND ISO13485