Responsible for machine standardization, launch, troubleshooting, maintaining and improvement of highly automated controls, robotic and welding systems. This is often accomplished in demanding situations with tight deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS:
- Development, testing and improvement of current machine standards.
- As needed design and program PLC, HMI, robots and other types of electronic or electrical manufacturing equipment.
- Provide support for installation, controls issues and wiring upgrades on equipment, companywide. Assist in and occasionally lead in the trouble shooting of malfunctioning equipment.
- Continuous improvement activities such as cycle time reduction, standardization of existing equipment and incorporation of error proofing strategies.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Design skills: Able to designing and creating prints.
- Electrical knowledge: Install hardware and wiring.
- Technical Skills: Program and debug of automated robotic welding, sealing, fastening and assembly systems.
- Able to program Panel View (HMI) and PLC.
- Creative Thinking: Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to Detail: Able to manage project details to ensure perfect quality in work output.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork Skills: Able to work collaboratively with different team members and different levels of the organization (internal and external).
- Computer Modeling: Able to utilize computer aided modeling to ensure that workout meets the needs of the customer (internal and external).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience (5+ years as a Controls Engineer) required
- Min 2 years experience with Rockwell and/or CompactLogix/ControlLogix (RSLogix 5000) required
- Project Management experience preferred
- Welding experience (MIG and spot welding) preferred
- Experience with ABB and/or Fanuc robots preferred
- System integration experience of 2-3 years is preferred.