Ciitizen’s mission is to provide Earth’s 7.3 billion citizens with control of their complete health information and give them the choice of sharing it with whomever they want. Period. With this new ownership, patients can share their health history with caregivers, share for second opinions, and with companies/researchers who may hold the answer to their treatment.
Current “interoperability” initiatives leave the patient out of the picture and rely on armies of manual labor to extract key health insights from unstructured data—an expensive model that will not scale. And unlike today’s zero-sum “marketplace,” our point of view is that all stakeholders share in the value of the data: institutions that participate, app developers through their services, companies that leverage this data for development of potentially life-saving treatments, and patients—who have a strong incentive to share their complete, longitudinal health history with others.
Ciitizen has assembled an all-star team and is backed by strong investment, led by Andreessen Horowitz, Section 32, and Verily Life Sciences.
Ciitizen is building out its AWS deployed, Kubernetes orchestrated, java platform services, which are responsible for logic that processes ingested content, and shares it with consumers and partner institutions. The team consists of experienced senior engineers and we are looking for someone with similar experience and background.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, for the platform.
You are someone who can:
- Support Ciitizen’s engagement with life sciences companies who are users of our product and research offerings.
- Create cloud-based enterprise services
- Maintain and enhance existing codebase
- Participate in and own application architecture for the work you do
- Profiling and performance testing for services created
- Conduct impact analysis for planned features
- Interact with product and development team to define requirements
- Create unit and integration tests
- Mentor junior developers in the team
- Perform code reviews
- Be a beacon for quality code and best practices
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
You are someone who has:
- Minimum of 9+ years of experience in software development
- Extensive experience with Java development (Java 8 a must)
- Experience developing microservices in a containerized environment
- Ideally, service orchestration experience in the cloud with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps
- Modern Git based Source Code Control Repositories experience
- Strong enterprise-level software development experience in Java, Spring/Springboot
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Modern IDE experience (e.g. Eclipse/RAD, IntelliJ, NetBeans)
- Enterprise Relational DB experience
- NoSQL DB experience is a plus
- Proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Proficient in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Health industry experience is helpful but not required; specific development experience of a health related application is a plus
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
Palo Alto, CA