Ciitizen’s mission is to provide Earth’s 7.3 billion citizens with control of their complete health information and give them the choice of sharing it with whomever they want. Period. With this new ownership, patients can share their health history with caregivers, share for second opinions, and with companies/researchers who may hold the answer to their treatment.
Current “interoperability” initiatives leave the patient out of the picture and rely on armies of manual labor to extract key health insights from unstructured data—an expensive model that will not scale. And unlike today’s zero-sum “marketplace,” our point of view is that all stakeholders
share in the value of the data: institutions that participate, app developers through their services, companies that leverage this data for development of potentially life-saving treatments, and patients—who have a strong incentive to share their complete, longitudinal health history with
Ciitizen has assembled an all-star team and is backed by strong investment, led by Andreessen Horowitz, Section 32, and Verily Life Sciences.
· Build scalable cloud deployed microservices
· REST API Development using Python
· Create unit(ideally using Pytest) and integration tests
· Maintain, enhance and own some of the existing services
· Participate in and own application architecture for your services
· Profiling and performance testing for services created
· Interact with product and development team to define requirements
· Mentor junior developers
· Perform code reviews
This position reports to the Director Of Engineering
· Overall software development experience of 10+ years
· Strong expertise with server side API development and scalability
· Experience using Python to build microservices, with emphasis on architecture
· Experience with Flask framework + Flask RESTful big plus
· Containerization technologies(Docker + Kubernetes) very helpful
· Nice to have: Any implementation of machine learning models (no model development needed)
· Good programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
· Any experience leading other team members is a big advantage
· Knowledge of SQL Databases is needed, NoSQL is a plus
BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or related experience