Ciitizen’s mission is to provide Earth’s 7.3 billion citizens with control of their complete health information and give them the choice of sharing it with whomever they want. Period. With this new ownership, patients can share their health history with caregivers, share for second opinions, and with companies/researchers who may hold the answer to their treatment.
Current “interoperability” initiatives leave the patient out of the picture and rely on armies of manual labor to extract key health insights from unstructured data—an expensive model that will not scale. And unlike today’s zero-sum “marketplace,” our point of view is that all stakeholders share in the value of the data: institutions that participate, app developers through their services, companies that leverage this data for development of potentially life-saving treatments, and patients—who have a strong incentive to share their complete, longitudinal health history with others.
Ciitizen has assembled an all-star team and is backed by strong investment, led by Andreessen Horowitz, Section 32, and Verily Life Sciences.
The Senior UI developer is a role that provides technical leadership to junior members of the team, as well as strong individual contribution to the release deliverables. Depending on individual strength, this may morph into a Team Lead role.
Experience leading and mentoring a 3-5 member team, while exhibiting ownership of overall deliverables is valuable.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, for the platform.
You are someone who can:
- Drive software design and development for Ciitizen’s platforms User Interface.
- Work and consult with the engineering team incorporating feedback and iterating to drive end product development.
- Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software for our technology platform and marketplace.
- Incorporate UI/UX best practices in the product based on latest industry practices and trends.
- Perform code reviews and hold the bar on best practices like unit tests.
- Drive continuous improvement of software development best practices in the areas of coding tools, languages and APIs, as well as software design and development processes.
- Collaborate with everyone in the company to gather the right information to create a high-quality user experience.
You are someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience and knowledge including…
- VueJS with a good understanding of Veux and Vuelidate
- Adept in designing cross-platform responsive interfaces ideally Quasar, but bootstrap and foundation also acceptable.
- Through understanding of ES6/ES7/ES8 including newer specifications of ECMAScript.
- Experience using, integrating, and optimizing front end build tools ( Webpack/Babel/Grunt / Gulp ) etc.
- Experience with Git And GitHub, Including PR And Branching.
- Experience in integrating with various types of REST APIs.
- Working knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols (basic/OAuth/SAML).
- Strong knowledge of JS unit testing frameworks, such as Mocha or Jasmine.
- Familiarity with end-to-end testing frameworks, such as Selenium, Nightwatch or Protractor.
- Knowledge and Experience In Web Accessibility (ADA compliance)
- Ability to plan and break down work in small manageable and trackable chunks.
- Agile approach to development with story writing skills.
- Initiative in researching new developments and innovations in the UI/Web domain.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
Palo Alto, CA