Ciitizen’s mission is to provide Earth’s 7.3 billion citizens with control of their complete health information and give them the choice of sharing it with whomever they want. Period. With this new ownership, patients can share their health history with caregivers, share for second opinions, and with companies/researchers who may hold the answer to their treatment. Current “interoperability” initiatives leave the patient out of the picture and rely on armies of manual labor to extract key health insights from unstructured data—an expensive model that will not scale. And unlike today’s zero-sum “marketplace,” our point of view is that all stakeholders share in the value of the data: institutions that participate, app developers through their services, companies that leverage this data for development of potentially life-saving treatments, and patients—who have a strong incentive to share their complete, longitudinal health history with others.Ciitizen has assembled an all-star team and is backed by strong investment, led by Andreessen Horowitz, Section 32, and Verily Life Sciences.
Ciitizen is building out its AWS deployed, Kubernetes orchestrated, java platform services, which are responsible for logic that processes ingested content, and shares it with consumers and partner institutions. The team consists of experienced senior engineers and we are looking for someone with similar experience and background.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, for the platform.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming fundamentals and prior experience in programming or automation to handle responsibilities that span all phases of development. You will be responsible for writing new automated tests for the Ciitizen Application, and building out the infrastructure necessary to run that automation. Attention to detail and the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced and growing environment are essential skillsets.
- Support Ciitizen’s engagement with life sciences companies who are users of our product and research offerings.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, or Shell
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and how to build and use frameworks
- Development and execution of project and release test plans and test cases and influence decisions on testing approaches and test automation strategies
- Test execution ensure bug reports are submitted and bug fixes have been verified
- Work with development team to drive defects and design changes from inception to resolution
- Passion for quality and desire to push forward product quality
- Creative and critical thinker with strong problem solving skills to investigate and debug difficult issues
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong background in, and at least 5+ years of working in tooling or QA automation Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, python Cucumber/behave, Selenium, Requests
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes
- Strong working knowledge of testing fundamentals such as TDD & BDD
- Strong programming fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- NoSQL DB experience is a plus
- Familiarity with version control systems such as git
- Experience writing and working with APIs
- Experience in automation and performance testing with JMeter
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.