GENUINE LEADERS WANTED
Do you want to love your job? Join the Cien Agaves family and take pride in your work!
Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila is looking for a talented Kitchen Manager. As a Kitchen Manager, you would oversee all Back of House operations and be responsible for purchasing, receiving, preparing, and presenting all food products in a timely manner, according to established recipes, and procedures. If you have a passion for leading a kitchen in preparing award-winning Mexican food, apply to be a Kitchen Manager at Cien Agaves today!
As a Kitchen Manager, your responsibilities would include:
- Supervising and overseeing the production and preparation of food in a manner consistent with established recipes and procedures
- In conjunction with all Management, enforcing compliance with all employment policies and overseeing cleanliness of restaurant and safety of guests at all times
- Directing productivity to monitor and maintain efficient and effective food item ticket times
- Managing performance of Back of House employees, including conducting performance evaluations, coaching, and discipline
- Assisting with the development of all Key Hourly employees, Assistant Managers, and Hourly employees by providing daily feedback on performance
- Conducting formal line Taste & Temp checks as part of overall responsibility for inventory and safety in the kitchen
- Overseeing the proper handling, maintenance, and storage of all items
- Understanding, managing, and practicing safe food handling procedures
- Managing food costs, tracking waste, and controlling kitchen labor costs
- Directing work for kitchen employees, including setting hours and weekly schedules and assigning tasks before, during and after open hours of the restaurant
- Training Back of House staff on equipment maintenance and cleaning procedures
- Reviewing applications, interviewing, and hiring or making recommendation to hire Back of House employees
- Creating a safe, fun, and clean work environment for the staff in a manner consistent with our core values and operational goals
- Minimum 2 years experience in leadership of a restaurant kitchen
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Knowledge of common food safety practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in making schedules, HotSchedules preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Excellent written and communication skills
At Cien Agaves we have a fun culture with flexible work schedules, discounts in our restaurants, recognition, formal training, and career growth opportunities.
We offer a comprehensive health benefits package after 60 days of employment to Managers that meet our benefit eligibility requirements. The total rewards package includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Competitive salary
- A choice of medical plans that are best in class
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 2 weeks Paid Time Off
- Quarterly Management Team Bonus program
- Great work/life balance (45-50 hour average work week)
Cien Agaves Tacos & Tequila is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally-protected status. We encourage and welcome applicants of all ages to apply.