Medical Director - Internal Medicine or Family Practice Physician
- Flexible Options
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday, 9:00am to 3:00pm
- Sunday, closed
- $180,000 to $225,000 Annual Salary, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Malpractice Coverage
- Full Benefits
San Jose, California
This multi-site membership-based healthcare clinic opened in early 2017 and has been experiencing an exciting level of growth. This organization accepts patients in a private pay/membership capacity and 95% of their patients are Spanish-speaking. Their mission is to deliver the most affordable healthcare possible to the Hispanic community and the uninsured, including internal medicine and preventative medicine, urgent care, diabetes care, and weight management programs.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the San Jose site Medical Director (SJMD) provides direct supervision and direction to all administrative and provider staff at the San Jose location.
The SJMD is responsible for optimizing quality of care and patient satisfaction, and also ensuring safety, efficiency of patient flow, and strict adherence to policies and procedures. In addition, the SJMD is responsible for communicating and implementing organizational initiatives and creating a positive and engaged work environment that promotes staff collaboration, engagement, and retention. The SJMD is responsible for the fiscal health of the San Jose location.
More specifically, the San Jose Medical Director:
- Supervises, evaluates, and supports clinicians and administrative staff through goal-setting, coaching, mentoring, and performance reviews.
- Leads the clinicians to ensure that productivity standards, as well as patient and clinician satisfaction goals, are met.
- Provides leadership for quality improvement initiatives that will enhance quality, safety, and compliance.
- Leads and/or promotes projects that improve access, quality of care, or other initiatives or projects as assigned by the CMO.
- Assists CMO with interviews, hires, and orientation of clinical providers and administrative staff.
- Provides leadership for collaborative team approaches to developing and enhancing an integrated system of care and maximizes patient flow and efficiency.
- Assists in the development and implementation of both administrative and clinical policies and procedures related to the delivery of care.
- Leads provider meetings, QA meetings, staff team meetings, and other professional activities.
- Participates in clinical leadership meetings and leads initiatives, providing direction for the team and clinic site.
- Works with the CMO and CEO to develop the operating budget and ongoing planning and direction for operating within the budget through the fiscal year, providing input to the capital budget process for the site.
- Models the behaviors that epitomize the organizational values of integrity, respect, diversity, competency, and teamwork that align with the practice's mission to improve the health of patients and the community by providing high quality, cost-effective, culturally sensitive, patient-centered healthcare.
- Provides for the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of patients within the scope of their license to practice medicine.
- Provides back-up support for mid-level providers on site or by phone.
- California medical license
- Board Certification or Eligibility preferred, not required
- at least 1 year of practice experience
- must speak fluent Spanish
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Jenn Kunkel at email@example.com or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a full list of available positions through CHS Recruiting.