Physician – Psychiatrist (General/Adult)
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00am to 5:00pm
- $135 per Hour, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Malpractice Coverage
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Other Benefits Negotiable
- Option for W2 or 1099 Employment
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
This position is available with a private physician employment organization that is contracted by the government to provide services to military hospitals and healthcare facilities. The contracts are long-term, stable, and renewed. The group is owned and led by a talented physician who ensures provider job satisfaction.
The new Psychiatrist will provide psychiatric services including, but not limited to, the duties listed below.
ADULT PSYCHIATRY PROGRAM:
- Perform comprehensive evaluations of patients according to the quality assurance guidelines of adult psychiatry.
- Evaluate history of present illness and past history.
- Review patient histories and social work evaluations.
- Interview patients to obtain insight into their problems.
- Conduct mental status evaluations, formulations, diagnoses, and detailed treatment plans utilizing a bio-psychosocial paradigm.
- Make referrals for further diagnostic psychological or medical testing as needed.
- Provide individual, group, family, and pharmacologic therapeutic interventions as necessary.
- Provide crisis intervention and referral for psychiatric hospitalization.
- Provide psychotherapy to include group, individual, behavior modification, and drug therapy.
- Work as a team member with other psychiatrists, social workers, psychologists, and behavioral science specialists to coordinate evaluations, treatment planning, and referrals.
- Determine the need for supplemental data such as psychosocial history, medical history, neurological, or other medical procedures or tests, etc.
- Establish diagnosis and treatment plans for each patient.
- Review patient histories and social work evaluations, interview patients to obtain insight into their problems and determine the need for long-term residential treatment.
- Prepare inpatient workups to include history and physician treatment plan.
PSYCHIATRY CONSULTATION SERVICES:
- Provide consultation services to the inpatient psychiatry team to assist in evaluation treatment and discharge planning for patients.
- Provide consultation to other services in the MTF for inpatient assessment of psychiatrically disturbed patients with medical problems.
- Assist in planning and implementing primary prevention efforts at the MTF to include directing support groups, parenting classes, and conducting briefings on topics of related areas for interested parties.
ADULT INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT PROGRAM:
- May be required to provide psychiatric services to adults such as during on-call duty.
- Diagnose and establish treatment plans for each patient and initiate inpatient workup to include history and physician treatment plan.
- Determine the need for long-term residential treatment.
- Provide consultations on psychiatric disease to the MTF staff physicians.
- Maintain documentation, records and reports in accordance with MTF rules and regulations.
- As appropriate, communicate with patients, patients' families, and others to obtain personal and social information pertinent to the development of adjustment difficulty and to ascertain probable impact on the individual, unit, and community.
- Provide in-service training to MTF staff during regular scheduled hours. In-service training is informal training to/by staff members to update treatment procedures. In-service training is held approximately once a month; preparation is at the discretion of the provider.
Core position metrics such as number of patient appointments per day, length of appointments, etc. will vary depending upon the types of appointments scheduled. During the interview process, the hiring managers will explain the splits between the different facets of the job in greater detail.
The organization uses an EHR and the new psychiatrist will have ample support staff and resources.
- North Carolina medical license
- Board Eligible, Psychiatry required
- Board Certified, Psychiatry preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Jenn Kunkel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a full listing of available positions at CHS Recruiting.