- Typical Business Hours
- Exact Schedule to be Coordinated with Candidate
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $125,000 Base Salary, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Malpractice Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Others Negotiable
Corona, New York
Founded in 1965 in Queens, New York, this non-profit organization is a significant provider of human services for individuals ranging from pre-schoolers to senior citizens. They offer a wide variety of services and are excited to be expanding their reach to those individuals affected by substance abuse and opioid addiction, which has been made possible by generous grant funding. They are seeking a nurse practitioner to work specifically within this new program.
This is an opportunity for a compassionate nurse practitioner to be part of a critical effort to help an in-need community. In coordination with the Medical Director, this role is responsible for increasing access to substance abuse recovery programs and medication assisted treatments.
As this is a new role within a program still being formed, the position will evolve. This requires a high level of flexibility and adaptability, as the position will be changed as needs are identified.
This position will be highly autonomous. The Medical Director will collaborate with the NP, working on a part-time basis. The NP will be supported by other team members, including a social worker, and will be the primary provider running the program.
The NP will practice in two different locations - a non-medical clinic referred to as the resource center and a mobile unit that will provide community access to patients struggling with opioid addiction.
The core duties include, but are not limited to:
- participate in direct patient care
- conduct health screening services
- assessment of patients with known history of substance abuse disorders
- refer patients to appropriate medical and behavioral health facilities
- coordinate with Medical Doctor and clinic staff for tele-practice services
- document services and treatment plans in EHR
- conduct HIV/HEP-C screenings/testing and make treatment referrals for high-risk populations
- conduct addiction medicine care, including the use of buprenorphine and/or IM Naltrexone
- perform inductions and maintenance of patients on Buprenorphine
- author medication orders
- prescribe/administer Injected Naltrexone
- coordination of care with behavioral health team
- provide consultation and training to on-site staff
- assist with the identification and counseling of mental health and substance abuse problems
- participate in departmental staff meetings and committees
As noted above, the NP’s time will be divided between the resource center and mobile unit. The work is largely performed during business hours and the organization will work with the NP to set a mutually-agreeable schedule. Very rarely, the NP may need to work evening or weekend hours - it’s estimated the need to field an after-hours phone call will be once every 1-2 weeks.
Daily patient volume is anticipated to be 10 to 12 encounters.
The NP will utilize an EHR in all settings.
- New York NP license
- DATA 2000 “X” waiver
- at least 1 year of autonomous advanced practice experience
- eligibility for full participation in Medicare/Medicaid
- Spanish language skills preferred
- behavioral health background preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Jenn Kunkel at email@example.com or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a complete list of available positions through CHS Recruiting.