Nurse Practitioner - Substance Abuse/Addiction Treatment
- Exact Hours Negotiable
*This position is within a newly created program and the new nurse practitioner will collaborate with the Medical Director to mutually set the hours of operation.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $125,000+ Base Salary, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Malpractice Coverage
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Package Negotiable
Corona, New York
Founded in 1965 in Queens, New York, this non-profit organization is a significant provider of human services for individuals ranging from pre-schoolers to senior citizens. They offer a wide variety of services and are excited to be expanding their reach to those individuals affected by substance abuse and opioid addiction, which has been made possible by generous grant funding. They are seeking a nurse practitioner to work within this new program.
This is an opportunity for a compassionate nurse practitioner to be part of a critical effort to help an in-need community. In coordination with the Medical Director, this role is responsible for increasing access to substance abuse recovery programs and medication assisted treatments.
As this is a new role within a program still being formed, the position will evolve. This requires a high level of flexibility and adaptability, as the position will be changed (collaboratively between the nurse practitioner and Medical Director) as needs are identified.
This position will be highly autonomous. The Medical Director will collaborate with the NP, working on a part-time basis. The NP will be supported by other team members, including a social worker, and will be the provider running the program.
The NP will practice in two locations - a non-medical clinic referred to as the resource center and a mobile unit that will provide community access to patients struggling with opioid addiction.
The core duties include, but are not limited to:
- conduct health screenings
- assessment of patients with history of substance abuse disorders
- refer patients to appropriate medical and behavioral health facilities
- coordinate with Medical Director and clinic staff for tele-practice services
- document services and treatment plans in EHR
- conduct HIV/HEP-C screenings/testing and make referrals for high-risk populations
- conduct addiction medicine care, including the use of Buprenorphine and Naltrexone
- perform inductions and maintenance of patients on Buprenorphine
- author medication orders
- prescribe/administer Naltrexone via injection
- coordination of care with behavioral health team
- provide consultation and training to on-site staff
- assist with the identification and counseling of mental health and substance abuse problems
- participate in departmental staff meetings and committees
As noted above, the NP’s time will be divided between the resource center and mobile unit. The work is largely performed during business hours and the organization will work with the NP to set a mutually-agreeable schedule. Very rarely, the NP may need to work evening or weekend hours - it’s estimated the need to field an after-hours phone call will be once every 1-2 weeks.
Daily patient volume is anticipated to be 10 to 12 encounters.
- New York NP license
- 1 year of advanced practice experience
- previous experience with a relevant patient population
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Jenn Kunkel at email@example.com or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a complete list of available positions through CHS Recruiting.