- Full-Time or Part-Time
- Flexible Hours
- $55+ per Hour, negotiable dependent upon experience
- Liability Insurance
- Full Benefits for Full-Time
- Negotiable Benefits for Part-Time
San Mateo, California
This compassionate non-profit organization has been providing hospice/palliative care and traditional home care/rehab services to families in San Mateo and the surrounding area since 1979. They employ a staff of more than 200 team members, ensuring a full spectrum of quality care for each and every patient. They have home-based and facility-based services.
As a home health physical therapist, the new staff member will see both palliative care and traditional rehab patients as part of the company's growing home care program. The physical therapist will assess and evaluate the therapeutic / rehabilitative / functional status of patients, as well as participate in the development of the total plan of care.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Focus on maintaining comfort for patients.
- Determine priority needs for physical therapy and direct physical therapy treatment.
- Instruct patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Report to physicians on patient reactions to treatments or changes in condition.
- Instruct personnel and family/caregivers on the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
- Educate patients in the use of prosthetic devices when applicable.
- Prepare and submit clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participate in patient discharge planning.
- Provide physical therapy consultation to families/caregivers, as appropriate.
- Provide in-service educational programs for nursing personnel as needed.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary group.
- Actively participate in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Participate in orientation programs for hospice team members.
- Provide supervision of physical therapy assistants and hospice aides, as appropriate.
A variable number of patients will be seen each day, factoring in types of appointment and travel time. Physical therapists tend to have a lower-than-average number of daily visits, allowing ample time with each patient.
Depending upon location, the practice utilizes the Suncoast and Kinnser electronic health records.
- current physical therapist license
- completion of a program approved by the Council of Medical Education
- current CPR certification
- at least 1 year of experience (community health/home health/hospice preferred)
- valid California drivers license and reliable, insured vehicle
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Jenn Kunkel at email@example.com or call (773) 998-1272.
Please visit www.chsrecruiting.com/jobs for a full list of available opportunities with CHS Recruiting.