We are looking for a knowledgeable and skilled Bioinformatician who wants to help bring about a proactive healthcare revolution. As an early stage startup we need someone with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty. This might include anything from setting up a new data processing pipeline, visualising a set of parameters and training a model that can be used within our product. This person will play a critical role in the team as a Bioinformatician, working with software engineers to derive our core pipelines and working with our data scientists to develop exciting and new indicators that will not only have huge value for the research community but will also have lasting health benefits for people around the world.
As an early stage startup with big ambitions you will get the chance to work with numerous different technologies, access a unique set of large biological data, collaborate with top academic experts, develop yourself through workshops and conferences, get your work published, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way.
- MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in Computational Biology, Epigenetics, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Experience in processing large-scale next-generation sequencing datasets (Illumina or others).
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux environment.
- Proficient in Python, R or similar programming language.
- Good critical thinking, creativity and communication skills.
- Passion to develop a great product as part of an agile team.
- Bias towards fast delivery while having high quality standards.
Nice to have:
- A degree in a life science discipline.
- Epigenetic sequencing dataset experience (e.g. methylation, ChIP-seq, RNA-seq).
- Experience using statistical modelling and/or machine learning approaches to analyse sequencing data.
- Experience with any of: SQL, biqQuery, Relational databases, MySQL querying and reporting.
- Familiar with high-performance computing environments (e.g. Amazon EC2).
- Experience with using third-party APIs (e.g. REST or language-specific APIs).
- Share options so early contributors benefit from our success.
- Epigenetic test!!
- Flexible working hours mean a family & life friendly environment.
- Fortnightly brainstorming team lunches.
- Flexible office or home working.
- We'll provide the laptop and IT you need to do your best work (macbook pro with monitors - you name it!).
- Book budget - order it no questions asked.
- Friday pub sessions.
Chronomics is an ambitious health tech start-up that believes people should be in charge of their own health. Health management should be proactive, not reactive and it should be personalised. We are using longitudinal biological data to bring about this revolution. A revolution where not only will people be in control of their own future but also in control of how they contribute to the future of humanity through the use of their data.
This product is just the first step towards a platform technology that will serve as the interface between the biological and digital world. It's an incredibly exciting time to come on board where you can really make a difference. Find out more at www.chronomics.com