Want to make a difference in this world and work on something meaningful? At Chronomics we enable people to quantify how their environment and lifestyle is affecting their health to live healthier and happier lives… all from their DNA.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled bioinformatician who wants to make a difference and help bring about a proactive healthcare revolution. As a fast paced startup, we need someone with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty. This person will provide bioinformatic support to ensure that the product team works downstream with high-quality next-generation sequencing (NGS) data (DNA methylation, whole genome sequencing). This includes maintenance and optimisation of bioinformatic pipelines, quality control (QC) of NGS data, bringing the latest relevant bioinformatics software in-house and working closely with our wet-lab researchers in different computationally-related projects.
Working in a startup with big ambitions, you will get the chance to optimise our NGS workflows, access a unique-in-the-world biological dataset (longitudinal ‘omics’), contribute to the development of epigenetic biomarkers, collaborate with top academic experts, get your work published, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way. An interest in omics-powered health technologies is a must.
- PhD (or similar industry experience) in bioinformatics.
- 6+ years of experience working with large-scale DNA next-generation sequencing (NGS) pipelines and quality control.
- Knowledge on processing and analysis of epigenetic and genetic data (bisulfite sequencing, whole genome sequencing, ChIP-seq).
- Proficient in at least two of the following: Python, R, C++.
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux environment.
- Hands-on experience with workflow languages (WDL, Nextflow, …) and cloud-computing ecosystems (AWS).
- Familiarity with cost tradeoffs and optimisation in sequencing experiments.
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity, communication and collaboration skills.
- Resilience and ability to cope with multi-tasking.
Nice to have:
- Experience with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- In-depth knowledge of molecular biology and library preparation protocols.
- Good knowledge on human population genomics.
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, MySQL querying and reporting.
- Previous experience in another health tech startup.
- A good track record of bioinformatic publications.
Location: Cambridge or London
Start date: 1st Jan 2020 onwards
Company size: 10-20 people
Company type: VC funded
- Share options so early contributors benefit from our success.
- Epigenetic test!!
- Flexible office or home working.
- Macbook pro
- Friday pub sessions.
Chronomics is an ambitious health tech start-up that believes people should be in charge of their own health. Health management should be proactive, not reactive and it should be personalised. We are using longitudinal biological data to bring about this revolution. A revolution where not only will people be in control of their own future but also in control of how they contribute to the future of humanity through the use of their data.
This product is just the first step towards a platform technology that will serve as the interface between the biological and digital world. It's an incredibly exciting time to come on board where you can really make a difference. Find out more at www.chronomics.com