Adapt Clinic is a new patient care platform created by globally-renowned clinician and thought leader Chris Kresser, M.S. L.Ac. Launching in June of 2020, Adapt Clinic will offer a new model of care integrating Functional Medicine, nutrition, and health coaching to provide patients with an exceptional level of service and support.
Adapt Clinic will utilize a subscription model which includes access to nutritionists and health coaches, text- and app-based support, a monthly webinar with Chris, a monthly Q&A with the Adapt Clinic staff, guided classes and challenges (e.g. a class on gut health, a 30-day sleep challenge, etc.), a discount on supplements and labs, and other benefits.
Care will be delivered primarily via a telemedicine video platform, although Adapt Clinic will launch with a small footprint in CA and may expand with satellite offices distributed throughout the U.S. over time.
We are currently seeking a Functional nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to be among the first Functional clinicians on the Adapt Clinic team.
- Licensed as a nurse practitioner or a physician assistant
- Willing to get licensed in multiple US states
- Familiarity with functional medicine lab testing (blood, saliva, stool, urine, breath, etc.).
- Experience with ancestral nutrition and lifestyle factors such as stress management, sleep, and physical activity
- Familiarity with with special dietary approaches like keto/low-carb, low-FODMAP, low-salicylate, AIP, intermittent fasting, fasting, etc.
- Willing to spend time during the training period on research, developing patient handouts, taking patient notes, and other tasks that contribute to your education in Functional Medicine
- Available part-time (10–15 hours/week) during the training and evaluation phase with the ability to ramp up to full-time when you begin seeing your own patients.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Is looking for a long-term position in a clinical setting. This should be a career move, not a stepping stone.
- Can work remotely in a fast-paced environment with a distributed team, and is able to handle complexity and solve problems proactively and independently.
- Has experience working in a medical practice (functional and/or integrative medicine preferred).
- Has some training in functional and integrative medicine (ADAPT or IFM certification preferred, but not required).
- Is comfortable with electronic health record software, and capable of learning new technologies quickly.
- Is willing and able to shadow Chris and other clinicians, learn their approaches, and demonstrate that you can eventually take on a full-time, clinical role.
- Is interested in caring for complex, multi-layered health problems that require careful thought, attention to detail, and willingness to think outside of the box.
- Is interested in playing a teaching role in the ADAPT Practitioner Training Program
Position, compensation, and benefits:
You will start as a 1099 independent contractor and be paid on an hourly basis, but transition to a salaried, full-time W2 employee status as the clinic grows.
Hourly and full-time salary TBD based on background and experience.
Adapt Clinic is a division of Chris Kresser LLC (CKLLC). CKLLC is a passionate, engaged group of people committed to a shared purpose of ending chronic disease. We work hard, but we also value rest, self-care, and rejuvenation. Most companies pay lip service to this, but we’ve embedded these values within our policies and procedures—from flexible work schedules, to mandatory vacations, to a monthly wellness benefit, to a paid sabbatical, to free subscriptions to Calm. Click here to learn more about our unique benefits