Work side-by-side as a health coach at Chris’s clinic!
You’re nearly finished with your ADAPT coaching certification and you’re eager to start working with real clients. A big part of your vision is working side-by-side with clinicians and other practitioners in a collaborative practice model. You value working independently, but you also love the idea of being a member of a care team that offers many different services to people seeking to improve their health.
If you’re nodding your head as you read this, you might be a great fit for a position as a Health Coach at the California Center for Functional Medicine (CCFM). CCFM is a well-established Functional Medicine clinic led by two thought leaders in the field, Chris Kresser, and Dr. Sunjya Schweig.
As a CCFM Health Coach, you’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting patients in implementing Functional Medicine protocols prescribed by CCFM clinicians
- Supporting patients in implementing Functional Nutrition protocols prescribed by CCFM dietitians/nutritionists
- Delivering group health coaching services and classes/programs to both CCFM patients and people coming through the CK.com and ccfmed.com online platforms.
- Delivering group health coaching services and programs to CCFM corporate and municipal clients, such as the Berkeley and Santa Clara Fire Departments.
- Collaborating with Chris and Sunjya on emerging, large-scale projects and interventions that will incorporate health coaching
You will start as a part-time, independent contractor. Over time, the position could evolve into a full-time salaried role with health insurance and benefits.
Although health coaching sessions with our patients will typically happen over the phone or via our video conferencing platform, this role will also include being physically present during in-person visits in our office in Kensington, CA. For this reason, we are currently seeking local candidates that are able to come to our office for at least two to three days a week, when necessary.