Adapt Clinic is a new patient care platform created by globally renowned clinician and thought leader Chris Kresser, M.S., L.Ac. Launching in 2020, Adapt Clinic will offer a new model of care integrating Functional Medicine, nutrition, and health coaching to provide patients with an exceptional level of service and support.
Adapt Clinic will utilize a subscription model that includes:
- Access to nutritionists and health coaches
- Text- and app-based support
- A monthly webinar with Chris
- A monthly Q&A with the Adapt Clinic staff
- Guided classes and challenges (e.g., a class on gut health, a 30-day sleep challenge)
- A discount on supplements and labs
- Other benefits
Care will be delivered primarily via a telemedicine video platform, although Adapt Clinic will launch with a small footprint in California and may expand with satellite offices distributed throughout the United States over time.
Adapt Clinic is seeking a friendly, outgoing, and proactive person with polished verbal and written communication skills to fill the role of New Patient Advisor for our soon-to-launch Adapt Clinic. You will be the first point of contact, which demands that you be part sales agent, part administrative professional, and part customer service agent. This role requires a unique combination of knowledge, perceptiveness, nurturance, and persuasiveness.
This is not a “hard sales” position; you function more as a coach and registration advisor than as a sales representative. You ask powerful questions, listen much more than you talk, and use all the coaching skills you’ve been developing in the ADAPT Health Coach Training Program to support and serve our potential customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communicate with patients daily through the Patient Portal and by phone as needed
- Upload faxes and documents into the Patient Portal as needed
- Schedule patients’ appointments and answer questions regarding how to prepare for appointments
- Work closely with office and operations staff to keep the clinic running smoothly
- Counsel and guide potential patients on which clinician and subscription program is right for them
- Understand the competitive landscape so that you can speak intelligently and persuasively about our value and differentiation in the marketplace
- Provide detailed information about the onboarding process, cost, Functional Medicine, health and nutrition coaching, Chris’s philosophy, etc.
- Enter, maintain, and update data about potential patients in a customer relationship management software platform
The ideal candidate will:
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Have outstanding technological savviness and capability with the ability to move seamlessly between a variety of different software and cloud-based applications (HubSpot experience is a plus)
- Be able to perform repetitive tasks without losing focus
- Work independently and remotely in a fast-paced environment with a distributed team
- Take responsibility for their actions and behavior
- Be able to quickly read and assess situations and provide appropriate answers
- Be skilled in mindful and reflective listening
- Have interest and experience, either personal or professional, in integrative/Functional medicine and the influence of lifestyle and food/diet on health
- Support and respect other team members
- Value work-life balance and self-care
- Share our vision of a healthier, happier world
Requirements and qualifications:
- Be capable of learning new software programs quickly
- Have strong writing, grammar, and spelling skills
- Be able to communicate professionally on the phone
- Have computer hardware and internet access designed for speed and efficiency
- Have experience in an enrollment/onboarding setting or a similar setting where prospective customers are actively supported and guided through the decision process
- Be a U.S. resident (required)
You will work remotely from your home or home office, and thus will need your own computer with high-speed internet, printer, phone, and other equipment. This job requires the use of a Mac computer, either laptop or desktop. Some of our programs run only on a Mac.
- In anticipation of the launch of the clinic, training will begin immediately.
- There is some flexibility built in with the virtual nature of the company. You will need to be easily accessible via instant messaging (Slack), phone, and email throughout the day.
- Daily involvement is required Monday through Friday during normal business hours (9 to 5 Pacific Time). You will rarely have to work on weekends, unless you choose to spend your weekend time working.
Adapt Clinic is a division of Chris Kresser LLC (CKLLC). CKLLC is a passionate, engaged group of people committed to a shared purpose of ending chronic disease. We work hard, but we also value rest, self-care, and rejuvenation. Most companies pay lip service to this, but we’ve embedded these values within our policies and procedures—from flexible work schedules to mandatory vacations, to a monthly wellness benefit, to a paid sabbatical, to free subscriptions to Calm. Click here to learn more about our unique benefits.