At Chorus.ai, we pioneered the Conversation Cloud and are helping top revenue teams understand their business conversations at scale. We use cutting-edge NLP (natural language processing) to identify key indicators within video, audio and text communications to surface opportunities to engage, sell and retain customers more effectively.
We are a fast-growing venture-backed San Francisco, CA-based startup.
- We have raised over $55M from Emergence Capital, Redpoint Ventures and Georgian Partners.
- Our customers include Adobe, AdRoll, Outreach, Qualtrics, Gitlab, Procore and many more world-class go-to-market brands.
Product Operations Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with product, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams to improve and scale our product development practices
- Ideate, drive consensus on, and roll out processes and systems that enable products to be shipped consistently at high quality and on time
- Ensure that projects remain on track by facilitating sprint planning and execution
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline around processes for external betas, releases and enterprise deployments
- Work with product management to track KPIs and measure progress against goals
- Analyze user interaction data, identify opportunities to improve user experience and surface to the team for discussion
- Build and maintain a cross-functional knowledge base on team learnings about user pain points, customer needs, and best practices
- Compile and share feedback on our product
You will be a good fit for this role, if:
- You are process-driven and have a passion for operational excellence
- You are a structured thinker and thrive in designing systems that work
- You have experience working with agile development teams and practices
- “Organized” and “disciplined” are some of the top adjectives people use to describe you
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills with a talent for precise articulation of operational challenges and potential solutions
- You can turn partial, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, excited to take on new challenges
- You operate with a service mentality to the teams you work with, but do not hesitate to enforce processes that may create friction in the short term but drive better outcomes
- “Will this scale?” and “How can I reduce manual effort?” are questions you ask every day
- You are familiar with user data, with a solid understanding of segments and funnels
- You are skilled working with spreadsheets as well as SQL
- Experience with product analytics tools (Mode, Amplitude) a plus
- Experience with Gitlab a plus
- Scrum master and/or technical project management experience a plus