At Chorus.ai, we have pioneered the Conversation Cloud and are helping top revenue teams understand their business conversations at scale.
We are a fast-growing, venture-backed, San Francisco, CA-based startup. Interface with top companies and help them achieve success on a daily basis.
- We have raised over $20M from Emergence Capital and Redpoint Ventures.
- Our customers include Adobe, AdRoll, Outreach, Qualtrics, Procore, Drift and many more world-class brands.
Vice President, Marketing
Location: San Francisco, CA
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The mission of the Vice President, Marketing is:
…build a fully integrated, metrics driven, world-class marketing discipline at Chorus.ai; align all product marketing, demand generation, sales enablement, AR/PR, and branding activities with the company’s product and GTM strategy, positioning Chorus.ai as the undisputed leader in a brand new category of Conversation Intelligence tools.
Critical, high-level deliverables:
- Establish a disciplined, data and metrics driven marketing capability at Chorus.ai, and ensure it evolves into a strategic point of differentiation for the company.
- Refine and amplify the company’s story and message in the market, elevating Chorus.ai’s visibility with the right audiences.
- Recruit, mentor, and retain a best-in-class marketing team, as appropriate over time and commensurate with the company’s growth.
- Work closely with sales to support an aggressive revenue ramp, and ensure tight alignment at the strategic, operational, and tactical levels.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, have a voice in the company’s evolving GTM strategy and overall direction. Be a key leader and help set the culture and tone of the company.
Specific objectives and performance measures include:
1. Market Strategy and Product Marketing
- Overall, build a clear, consistent, and recognized Chorus.ai brand, both at the company and product/technology levels. Work across the team to integrate this brand into the fabric of the company.
- Craft a compelling story around Chorus.ai that appeals to both customers and partners alike; elevate awareness in the market and successfully position Chorus.ai as the go-to Conversation Intelligence Platform.
- Build thought leadership by driving the core message into the marketplace, ensuring consistent, succinct, and compelling positioning with customers, strategic partners, end-users, and the investment/analyst community.
- Content creation; develop a clear content roadmap that supports the market positioning of the product.
- Regularly present the company’s value proposition to industry leaders, market analysts, and the press.
- Develop and implement best of breed programs around marketing communications and AR/PR that ensure a high level of visibility for Chorus.ai in the market.
- Working closely with sales leadership, support the company’s revenue growth with the appropriate selling tools, collateral, messaging, competitive intelligence, etc. Help create a world-class sales playbook.
- Help map the competitive landscape, and arm the sales organization with the appropriate data and collateral to sell against the competition.
- Conceive, create, and deliver ongoing training and readiness materials to the sales team, as well as to strategic partners.
3. Demand Generation
- Work closely with the broader leadership team to design and implement demand generation strategies that drive adoption and create “pull” from customers and strategic partners.
- Identify events, communities, conferences, etc. that can help build awareness and drive demand in the market.
- Web and Social; generate content that creates value, and leverage SEO/SEM, social media, video, and community building to further accelerate awareness.
- Optimize programs by which leads are acquired and qualified; over time closely track and steadily increase the number of MQLs delivered to the sales team.
4. Marketing Operations
- Establish operational excellence and a disciplined metrics orientation within the marketing organization; make marketing a well oiled machine.
- Plan and manage the company’s marketing spend and budget.
- Make sure that all marketing resources are allocated correctly.
- Evaluate and implement cost-effective, marketing-centric tools that boost the organization’s productivity and efficiency.
5. Senior Leadership
- Be a visible and influential leader within the organization, helping to drive overall company direction and strategy.
- Engage the leadership team and the Board in the marketing strategy and plan, presenting regular status updates as appropriate.
- Build and mentor a world-class marketing team, establishing and reinforcing a culture of analytical decision marketing.
The VP Marketing will report directly to Roy Raanani, Co-founder and CEO. Chorus.ai is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with operations in Tel Aviv, Israel.
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
The mission of Chorus.ai is to build a brand new category of Conversation Intelligence tools. The VP Marketing needs the skills to build a compelling and commercially recognized brand, “get the attention” of the industry, and drive marketing programs that accelerate revenue growth. This is a marketing leader who thinks at very high levels, brings those ideas down to practical reality, and then tactically executes to help achieve goals and metrics.
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- Accomplished, senior marketing leader with proven ability to implement winning marketing strategies and position products and solutions as a “must have” in the minds of key buying influencers. Experience as VP or Head of Marketing is ideal.
- Proven success as a leader; known for hiring high quality people and building world-class marketing teams.
- Strong orientation toward product marketing with proven success/experience across multiple areas of marketing including demand generation (i.e., owning a number), sales enablement, digital, AR/PR, etc.
- A storyteller that can articulate and amplify customer stories, and building communities or organizing customer conferences
- Must possess experience driving marketing for a rapid growth technology company, one that has undergone a significant revenue ramp in the $5-25M phase.
- Metrics oriented; relies on data and analytics to measure and impact results.
- Demand generation; proven success and competence in pipeline generation and lead nurturing/qualification.
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to implement and execute tactical campaigns, programs and events.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
The Chorus.ai culture is one of passion, personal ownership, risk taking, and scrappiness. Therefore, other desired characteristics include:
- Analytically driven marketer. Quintessential attribute needed to fit into the Chorus.ai culture.
- Charismatic; a big personality with ability to captivate and energize an audience.
- A proactive, hands-on individual able to command respect of the entire organization through leadership, intelligence, creativity, hard work, and presence.
- Entrepreneurial, startup “DNA;” comfortable with risks, gutsy, not timid. Ability to be effective in a dynamic, fast paced environment with few resources and significant ambiguity.
- Team player. Track record of building positive relationships with peers and others within a company.
- Continuous and thoughtful listener and communicator; proven ability to gather and use customer/market input to improve existing programs and launch new initiatives.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.
Compensation will consist of the following elements:
- Strong base and incentive cash compensation.
- Equity. Meaningful ownership in a company that has enormous potential.
- The personal reward associated with a leadership role in a company creating a new category. Our VP of Marketing will be one of a handful of key executives at Chorus.ai and will play a key role in defining the company culture and running the organization.