AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda, AWS AppSync, GraphQL, AWS DynamoDB,
AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline, AWS S3
Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world into sustainable food systems. The food industry is not only known to be one of the oldest and largest industries that exist. It also is an industry with essential problems. Especially in the food-supply-chain.
We are now leveraging technology to bring change and start the necessary transformation the industry is craving for.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and have drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Therefore, we are looking for more Chocorians who share our vision and want to join our journey here in Berlin.
What you will do
- You will help our backend team enhance its event-driven microservice architecture inside of the AWS-ecosystem in order to help the client products give the best experience to its use
- You will work on our API layer, which utilizes Amazon’s managed GraphQL service called AppSync. One of Amazon’s latest technologies
- You will help build an integration that businesses can use and also help integrate with their existing applications
The ideal candidate
- 3+ years experience as a backend developer
- Proven experience in building resilient and scalable infrastructure
- Proven experience with cloud providers
- Know how to write clean code
- Know how to apply design patterns
- Knowledge in system designs and software architectures
- You need to be a deep learner
- Experience with DynamoDB
- Experience with CloudFormation
- Experience with integration and acceptance tests
- Experience with GraphQL or AppSync
- Experience building real-time communication
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience building integrations
- Experience working with Lambda functions and serverless architecture
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people. With founders who deeply trust their employees and where the employees trust and believe in their founders even more. A startup where people put the team first, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for day by day. You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences and contribute in their areas of expertise and learn from each other. You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, and take part in a circle of friends that not only work hard but also laugh together and support one another. With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. For that, we need resolute people to build and enhance the engine that is the foundation of the whole system. That means that the tiniest mistake can cost us the mission. In terms of your work, that means, you will always be candid and thorough when reviewing the code of your peers or do peer programming. You will always be driven by quality, add tests and leave the code better than when you found it.
You will always be curious and have a chance to expand your knowledge, but especially share your knowledge with your colleagues and with the community to encourage future rocket builders to start building their own shuttles. That said, we have a set of documented values in the form of a Manifesto to help us grow, stay challenged and help ourselves and the business succeed. And we are looking forward to you joining us on this adventure.