Who we are
Choco is a Berlin-based tech startup that is simplifying the way food is traded. Choco enables restaurants to communicate with their various suppliers on one centralized platform. It is our goal to digitize and optimize communication within the food supply chain to create a more transparent environment. No more paper trails, lost orders, or untraceable records.
On a macro level, it is Chocos’ mission to reduce food waste on a global scale and empower small farmers around the world by mitigating intermediaries. Our technology has the power to restructure one of the oldest and largest industries so that we can begin to rebuild a fragmented supply chain into a more sustainable one for the future.
Chocos’ journey began in March 2018 by entrepreneurs who helped launch companies such as Zalando (MDAX), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero, SDAX). We have validated a product-market-fit and are now ramping up for international expansion.
About the job
We are seeking ambitious, driven, and competitive business developers who will be at the forefront of our global expansion. As part of a SWAT team, you will be sent on four to five-month missions around the globe with the intent of acquiring users, building relationships, promoting our brand, and launching new markets. You will be the face of Choco, so communication, leadership, and the constant strive for personal development is critical for this role.
The Ideal candidate::
- At least one internship in a high-performance environment (i.e. Start-up, investment banking, consultancy, outside sales, account management)
- Experience with objection handling
- 100% dedication, 100% humble, 100% motivation, 100% team-player
- You are a life-long learner and entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to have 5-6 month long missions around the globe, international mindset is key
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a plus (French, Spanish, German)
- Valid work permit or hold citizenship in the U.S.
- Engage with restaurant prospects and manage your own leads.
- Building rapport and relationships with potential users.
- Objection handling to navigate conflict cases and high pressured situations.
- Organize personal data, take ownership of targets, and ascertain maximum performance.
- Develop an extensive understanding of our product and maintain a keen attentiveness to how it can be continually improved based on the feedback you receive.
- Constant communication with your team is crucial to ensure transparency.
What we offer you
At Choco, our company culture is everything to us. We have built an international community of friends who inspire each other every day to achieve greatness. Let’s build a well-balanced company together. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an early-stage startup that will give you invaluable experience and insight on how to scale a company from the ground up.
Performers will receive ownership and responsibility of their tasks that will enable unprecedented learning curves. We also offer the opportunity to travel internationally and provide relocation assistance. We believe in diversity, rigorous teamwork, and radical transparency.
Our onboarding sessions are a combination of hands-on training with a guided mentor and peer-to-peer instruction to promote a collaborative experience for all new joiners. We want to curate a nurturing environment that is open to feedback, questions, and learning.
Our core competencies:
- Team is everything to us; we support one another, respect each other, and grow together
- International travel
- We empower our employees to achieve personal growth by giving responsibility and assigning ownership of tasks and projects.
- Challenging focus on a continual basis by immersing you in a fast-paced environment that calls for agility and adaptability.
- Fostering an understanding of how to scale a company globally and develop a deep comprehension of business models.
- Choco has a flat hierarchy, meaning insights, knowledge exchange, and top-level learnings are shared equally across all departments and team members.
We are also seeking account managers and supplier relationship managers to join Choco. Internships and traineeships are also available. Please ask for more details about this if you are interested.