Chloeta is a dynamic and growing business that solves problems internationally for our clients.
Forest Ranger Captain (Engine Boss)
Chloeta is recruiting to fill multiple Call When Needed (CWN) Engine Captain positions.
- Supervises operations of a Chloeta Type 7 engine module throughout the field season, overseeing projects in vegetation management, responding to wildland fires in the surrounding areas, and readiness for disaster response to all risk incidents.
- Serves as Initial Attack Incident Commander. Provides for crew safety and welfare during tactical operations in compliance with all applicable tactical operations.
- Directs a crew in project work in support of ecosystem management and fuels management projects.
- Develops and implements training programs (mandatory, formal, and informal) in compliance with policy and regulations.
- Manages property, procurement, maintenance, and inventory of equipment and fleet equipment.
- Provides technical and administrative supervision to an engine. Plans and assigns work. Develops performance standards. Gives advice, counsel, or instruction.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- Background Investigation Required.
- Valid Driver's License
- Clean Driving Record for 36 months
- Ability to pass DOT driver physical
- Prior USDA Forest Service or US Department of Interior employment experience
- Incident Commander, Type 4 (ICT4)
- Engine Boss, Engines (ENGB)
- Strike Team Leader, Engines (STEN)
- Preference given to prior employment experience as smokejumper, hotshot or helirappeller
The work requires arduous physical exertion, such as regular and recurring running, walking, or bending; walking or climbing over rocky areas, or other uneven surfaces, through dense vegetation, and in mountainous terrain. Physical exertion includes carrying 30-50 pounds of gear while operating power saws or hand tools for long durations. The duties of this position require that the incumbent meet the arduous level of physical fitness as measured by the current physical fitness testing standards.
The work is performed in a range/forest environment in dry to marsh terrain, where surfaces may be damp and uneven, covered with thick, tangled vegetation, etc. Temperatures are frequently extreme, both from the weather or from fire. Smoke and dust conditions are frequently severe. The hazardous nature of the work requires that protective clothing (boots, gloves, rubber and leather), hard hats, face masks, Nomex pants and shirts, etc., be worn.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, education and capability
- 75% or Greater
- Travel is required throughout Region 2 of Florida to handle various projects
- All training paid
- 401(k) retirement investment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Health insurance
It is the policy of Chloeta not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.