Chloeta is seeking to fill one (1) part time consulting Fire Protection Engineer. The client location is near Baltimore, MD but the work can be completed virtually from anywhere CONUS.
Part time, contract
- be able to assess sprinkler system designs from a Fire Protection standpoint, not verification as an engineer
- possess an expert level understanding of Life Safety code for Ambulatory healthcare and business occupancies
- review drawings on awarded projects that are in the design phase; revised drawings will not be the candidate’s responsibility
- possess expert level understanding of NFPA and The Joint Commission Accreditation manual for Ambulatory care
- assess sprinkler system designs from a fire protection standpoint but not verify or approve as an engineer
- necessary turn-around for review of designs averages approximately two (2) weeks once submitted to the consultant
- Building life safety evaluation
- Code consultation
- Meet the needs of both project team members (internal and external) and clients
- Communicate professionally and efficiently with team members and clients
BS in Fire Protection Engineering or BS in Fire Protection
- In-depth knowledge of model codes and NFPA standards
- Ability to work on a project team to ensure that production schedules are met
- Willing to travel to project sites as required
Licensed Fire Protection Engineer
- 6+ years experience in the field of fire protection and life safety
- MS or ME in Fire Protection Engineering
The selected candidate shall possess:
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills working with teams.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computer systems (PC and/or Macintosh).
- Professional work environment related to various phases of planning.
- Knowledge not required, but desired:
- Experience in CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and ArcGIS.
- Working knowledge of planning products and planning principles, concepts, methodologies, rules, and regulations
- Proficiency in Google G Suite – Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, Calendar.
- Proficiency in MS Project
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Essential Physical Functions: Stand or sit – must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Walk –this position requires the ability to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. – 25% of the time. Full range of motion to walk, stoop and stand while working on worksites – 25% of the time. Use hands/fingers – must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer – 50% of the time. Talk – This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers, must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations – 25% of the time. Vision – must be able to clearly focus on information located on a computer screen, paperwork, etc. – 50% of the time. Lift/Carry – must be able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs. of site equipment when necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time contract consultant position with an estimate of 500 hours per year of work, with no guaranteed minimum.
Travel is limited, if any, and Government compensated when authorized.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Chloeta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.